January 23, 2009

Birki's

Got to thinking . . . one's personal artistic style is very much like wearing a comfortable pair of old Birkenstocks. SO comfortable, in fact, that it's difficult to change and try something new. I've got a closet full of beautiful shoes -- so many in fact, that my husband says I'll never have a chance to wear them all. Giving the devil his due, he's probably right. Time after time, day after day, I return to my faithful old friends, my Birks. Matter of fact, the last time we went to a wedding, I broke down and purchased a brand new patent leather pair to slip into during the reception. My "old friends" are just too comfy for words, and I can't live without them.

I think my artistic style is like my non-fashion forward footwear - safe, sturdy and comfortable. It needs a bit of a shake-up this year. Not that there's anything wrong with comfort, but I need to try some new things - branch out, try on some new wings (pardon the pun), and shake it up a bit.

Hmmm . . . sounds like a good idea. And, maybe tomorrow, I'll wear a pair of Sketchers too!

No comments: