January 17, 2009

Where is the Yellow Brick Road . . .

Well . . . I'm definitely off on an adventure; but, where is the yellow brick road when you need it?!? And, more importantly, even if I find it, where does it lead? For the past seven years I've painted murals in children's rooms. Now it's rapidly becoming time to move on to another artful career. (A baby boomer's body doesn't last forever no many how many Advil's we take!)

Frankly, there should be some sort of road map or at least a huge purple-with-green-polka-dots sign that appears right about now to show the way or at least point in a suitable (or at least acceptable) direction. But, alas . . . like everything else in life, I guess I'll just have to put on my "big girl panties" and figure it out myself.

So . . . with my "big girl panties" in a twit and a paintbrush in my hand, off I go, a seeker, to find my answers in Oz. I'll need a few companions to help me along the way. Will you be my Scarecrow?

No comments: