February 23, 2009

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida


Previously I posted a few pictures of Ingrid Dijkers beautifully embellished journal pages. As my British friend would say, I was "gobsmacked" when I saw her work. Of course, I just had to try her technique on one of my pages. Here's the result.


This collage was done on a gessoed piece of cardboard from a cereal box. Holes were punched with a Crop-a-dile; the edges were gilded with gold marker and glass beads strung on very fine gauge copper wire. Thanks for the inspiration, Ingrid!

PS - I'm afraid that I'm showing my age with the title of this piece, but I've always loved the title of this song - not necessarily the song itself - and couldn't resist! Peace Out!

3 comments:

BlueRidgeLady said...

I just adore this collage, and the addition of the beads adds a beautiful colorful finish to the collage. I can see the time involved here, and you captured the technique beautifully!

Terri Kahrs said...

Thank you, Shelly!

Lynn said...

I love all the detail on your journal page and lots of fun colors. I will have to check out Ingrid's blog, I am always willing to try something new :)