February 27, 2009

The Nursery

The Pond Critters

As you know, for the past two weeks I've been busy painting little forest animals for a happy expectant Mommy and Daddy. I'm happy to report that - YIPP-EE-ee - the room is finished!

Here's a ton of pics so you can see most of what I've been up to and the cause of my severe case of LOCS (Lack of Color Syndrome) last Friday before the flowers, pond and color had been added. (Thanks again, Shelly - BlueRidgeLady, for the acronym - I just love it!) If you'd like to see all of the details, just click on each of the pictures. Have a super-terrific, colorful weekend!

The Large Critters




The Small Critters



The Big Picture!


9 comments:

BlueRidgeLady said...

What a lucky child!!! Your talent is so amazing, the pictures are all so beautiful. I love the squirrel above the door and the bird between the windows!!! They are all gorgeous and they were lucky to find you to do it for them!! I'm betting that your LOCS is already getting better! Have a good weekend! xox

Alberta and Ava said...

What a serene woodland wonderland this is. This is a precious gift to give, so many hours of your loving craft devoted to provide a world for this child to grow up in. Imagine the hours he will spend dreaming the creatures on his walls.

Terri Kahrs said...

Thank you Shelly and Alberta! I'm humbled by your comments. Yes, Alberta, it's true . . . while I'm painting I DO think of the little one growing up in the room. Thinking those happy thoughts totally energizes me. Your right, Shelly, my LOCS is MUCH better today!!! Have a super weekend! Hugs!
Terri :) xoxoxo

Lynn said...

WOW the nursery is amazing!!!!!! What a beautiful room to just dream in :)

vintagepix said...

That's so cute -love the little chipmunk especially - great layout :o)

gypsy said...

What a wonderful room! My favorite part ~ the artwork above the door frame!

Anita Davies said...

Beautiful!

Terri Kahrs said...

Wow! Thanks for visiting and thank you SO much for your gracious complements!
Hugs!
Terri :) xoxo

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Amazing! Holy moly lady! You are so talented and the room is gorgeous - GORGEOUS I tell you! What a lucky mommy and daddy and baby too!