March 14, 2009

Soul Food

Glass Wall-Pocket Vase

Spring has definitely arrived and I've pictures to prove it. They're not of crocuses, daffodils or the illusive Easter Bunny. They're pictures from the first craft show of the season. (Admittedly, I am a crafts festival junkie!)

The Sugarloaf Crafts Festival is in the area, so yesterday we took a much-needed"get lost day" to attend the show. It's a must-see event for me. Seeing other artists' work and standing in the midst of all the creativity is food for my soul and fodder for my mind. You are cordially invited to enjoy this virtual version of the show.

Earth Spirits Masks
www.earthspiritsmasks.com




Things to Wear





Scentual Things





Colorful Things





Amazing Dolls





Hope you enjoyed the eye candy!
Have a super, creative weekend!

9 comments:

Kim Naumann said...

Ooooooooooooh! Those soaps look heavenly! I love home-made soap. Another one of those things I want to someday learn to make :)

Alberta said...

Thank you SO much for sharing these photos and allowing me to attend the festival vicariously. It looks like it was a great one. Okay, something's going on...Look at the colors in your first photo (Wall Pocket Vases). The colors there just jumped out at me because the painting I'm working on is in the exact same colors and another really good blog friend also made something in the same hues today. Are some of us sharing the same dreams, do you think?

Terri Kahrs said...

Hi Kim & Alberta! Thanks for stopping by! I'm so happy that you enjoyed the pictures. I've got to agree with you, Kim. I adore handmade soap! My particular favorite is lavender.

It WAS a great show, Alberta! When I read about the three color schemes, I had to smile - sometimes the Universe connects us in amazing ways! Can't wait to see your vivid pink and green project! Hope you're both having a wonderfully relaxing weekend.
Hugs,
Terri :)

June said...

Oh wonderful pictures, Wish i had been there. Thanks for sharing too
Hugs June x

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, I enjoyed the eye candy but too much! I am so jealous I didn't get to go. Of course, I would be poorer though cuz I would've wanted some of everything. I love the dolls the most! How fun! Glad you had a good time!
marsha

Terri Kahrs said...

Hi, June & Marsha! The show was a lot of fun, I wish you could've been there too, but I'm happy that I could post a few pics to share the experience. FYI - I did manage to pump a little money back into the economy! Hope you had a super weekend!
Hugs,
Terri :)

Lynn said...

Wow, wish I could have been there, the art dolls are amazing aren't they?

BlueRidgeLady said...

Oh Terri!!! Thanks so much for all these fabulous pictures of your fun day! Wish I'da been with you! I loved the art dolls too, how cute! I have a soap fetish too....oh noooo...it's all too much....thanks for taking me there for a little bit!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Hi, Lynn & Shelly! Glad I could "take you away" for a bit! The dolls were totally amazing,and the soaps are luscious. I just love a good craft show and adore handmade things. Glad I could take you both away with me for a bit!
Hugs,
Terri :) xoxo