March 6, 2009

Spring Ahead!

Just for the record, I'd have voted "NO!"
(Feel free to use these images in your artwork. They're from the Library of Congress.)

Just a reminder that this is the weekend we set our clocks ahead an hour for Daylight Savings Time. Or, as my husband would say, "Terri's least favorite weekend of the year!"


Reasons Why I Hate Daylight Savings Time
:
  1. Being a woman, there aren't enough hours in the day to begin with. This hour "goes away" and we will never get it back!
  2. I need my beauty sleep. I'm definitely not getting any younger!
  3. It bears repeating . . . There aren't enough hours in the day.
  4. It seems to take at least a week for my poor "Boomer" body to acclimate to the time change.
  5. Reminder . . . There aren't enough hours in the course of a day.
  6. Once the hour is gone, where does it go? Is it in a "holding area"? Is it like the TARP money? No one is talking!
  7. Might I say . . . With all that needs to be done, there just isn't enough time ever!
  8. During the course of the next week or so, it's disconcerting to find a watch that hasn't been turned ahead an hour. It's just a rude reminder that an hour has disappeared from our busy lives never to be seen again.
  9. Once again . . . There aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to do!
  10. See reasons 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9!!!!!
That being said, be sure to "spring" an hour ahead! Have a GREAT weekend!

5 comments:

BlueRidgeLady said...

Haaa Haaa Terri! So true! You are cracking me up tooo! You know, if we turned it back two hours, there still would not be enough hours in the day. Spending time on our blogs, and Flickr and squeezing in some time to produce art, and then mayyybe getting to the other things in our lives, wouldn't have anything to do with that would it? xox

Terri Kahrs said...

Nope . . . not a thing! You are just TOO much!!!! Glad I could make you smile!

Cathy Mendola aka pinkbirdgirl said...

OH---we must be sisters somehow!! I feel the same way. I HATE losing an hour! I completely agree with you, my boomer body/mind takes at LEAST a week to recover. I don't need anything to disrupt my already crazy sleeping habits (due to hot flashes!) Anyway, we're kindred souls on the subject.
I love your blog and your art. You had stopped by my blog and commented about the Curiosity posting. I just ready about your little diva and laughed. Those terriers are VERY curious. I have an airedale terrier and I don't think he will ever grow out of the curious puppy stage.
I'm definitely adding your blog to my list!
I'll check in with you next week and see how you survive the time change.

Cathy Mendola aka pinkbirdgirl said...

I'm back to leave another comment!!!
I'm surviving the time-change so far. Of course tomorrow will be another story :(
I'm back to give you an award for creative blogs!
I received one this morning and I'm supposed to award 8 more people. Although we just found each other I adore your art & blog already.
So stop by my blog to copy your award and also the text that came with it. Then you too
can choose 8 people to award one to.
Thanks!
Cathy

Terri Kahrs said...

Cathy, thank you SO much for this honor! I'm thrilled, surprised and humbled. But most of all, thank you for your friendship!
Hugs,
Terri :)xoxo