April 7, 2009

Crowabout Week #31

"Think Spring"
5"x7" Mixed Media Collage

When Nancy posted this week's Crowabout images, I immediately thought of Spring wearing her Easter bonnet!

Most of the ten images that I used were manipulated in a photo editing program for size only. The background was done with washes of thinned acrylic paint and overlays of watercolor pencils. The weathered look was created using a piece of sandpaper; and, the "vines" were drawn with a white poster paint pen, and the "leaves" were colored with Prismacolors. When the drawing was complete, the vines were lightly sanded for an aged appearance.

Many of the images were over-colored with either watercolor pencils or Prismacolor pencils to enhance and deepen the original colors. Thanks, Nancy, for this great springtime challenge!

13 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Terri, this is so beautiful. It just glows with spring and magic. I adore it! Oh, mmmm, mmmm, gorgeous!

Terri Kahrs said...

You just made my heart sing with your comment!!! Thank you for your lovely words!!! xoxo

vintagepix said...

Love the bird's nest in her hair (or is it an Easter bunny nest? :D) Great spring colors!

Terri Kahrs said...

Hmm . . . hard to tell, Carolyn!!! All I know is that it was courtesy of Mother Nature! Hugs xoxo

Lynn said...

AWESOME!!!!!! You are so talented, I always enjoy your brightly colored works of art and how you put the images together. Love the nest in the girls hair :)

BlueRidgeLady said...

Oh I just had to pop in and take another look! Thanks for sharing your technique for the background....it does just glowwwww like Marsha says, perfect word to describe it!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Thanks, Lynn and Shelly, for your lovely compliments! You're making me blush! Hugs!

Ozstuff said...

What a feast of colour and artistry! A stunning piece and definitely worth more than one visit. Your whole blog is a joy to behold!
I hope your Easter Sunday is a peaceful and happy one. As I am at least 12 hours ahead of you in time I can say that it is already well into Sunday morning here in Oz.

Terri Kahrs said...

Marie, thank you coming by and thank you for your lovely comments - you've made my heart sing!

Am hoping you're having a lovely Easter Sunday. Sending MANY blessings and Hugs your way! Terri xoxo

Cathy Mendola said...

TERRI! THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! What beautiful colors and happy spring creatures! I love the background you created and I love the way you enhanced the colors with your pencils.
Lovely image of spring beauty.
I'm so happy to see your creations again.
Hopefully I will be back regularly from now on.
hugs
xoxo
cathy

Terri Kahrs said...

Sweet Cathy, you ALWAYS make me feel so good about my work! Hopefully, you're recovered and life's getting back to normal for you. We've missed you terribly! Hugs xoxox

Janny said...

Such a great piece of work! Nice Holliday picts;o)

Terri Kahrs said...

Thanks, Janny! I had fun taking them. :)