April 13, 2009

Crowabout Week #32

"Carnival of Love"
5"x7" Journal Page

"Carnival of Love" was created for my FLICKR Crowabout Group and has been posted as a tribute to all members (past, present and future) of the Sisterhood of Hats & Wings! I've used wings in some of my previous pieces; however, I realized that I've never, ever used a pointed hat - and honestly, I don't know why!!! Well . . . today's the day to spread my fantasy wings in support of the wonderful Sisterhood!

This collage has been mounted on a piece of gessoed chipboard, and eight of Nancy's Crowabout images were used. Photo imaging software was used to size some of the supplied images. The little clown is from a FLICKR image sharing group; and some of the circus ephemera was scanned from scrapbook stickers then altered with paint and Prismacolor pencils. Twinkling H2O's were used to give the clown and the sky a subtle shimmer (although the scanner doesn't pick up the sheen). The orange and red striped border (at the top) was hand drawn and hand colored.

Special Thanks!

A very special thanks to Nancy Baumiller who administers the FLICKR Crowabout Group!!! Nancy's colorful "Giveaway" packaged arrived late yesterday chuck full of fun goodies! (I was the lucky winner of her anniversary celebration giveaway a few weeks ago.) Thanks, dear Nancy, for your generosity!!! I LOVE the artwork, and the stamps, and the stencil, and the stickers . . . . . I love it ALL!!!! The piece of "Police Line Do Not Cross" tape is one of my faves! (I'm saving it to use in my son's bedroom when it reaches the critical mass/mess stage!) If you'd like to have fun, check out Nancy's blog, her Etsy and the Crowabout Group! Thanks again, Nancy!

9 comments:

Flippinpest said...

Stunning piece and I love the pointy hat ;-)

Janny said...

Gorgeous!

Terri Kahrs said...

Thanks, Flipinpest and Janny! This was fun to do! Hugs!

Cathy Mendola said...

Loved it on flickr and love it here as well!!
Especially the part about celebrating sisterhood
of hats & wings. Delightful.... tehehe
You're great!
Hugs to you and the sisterhood!

Terri Kahrs said...

On behalf of the sisterhood, thanks for the "hugs", Cathy! LOL xoxoxo

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I peeked quickly on flickr to see this and didn't have time to comment all that I knew I would want to comment. This is just an incredible piece of art, Terri. I cannot imagine all of the work that went into this piece. Each detail is so lovingly attended to and arranged and it all comes together in a beautiful successful piece of art. It is just breathtaking and involving and gorgeous. Standing ovation from me!

I loved the vacay pix below too. What a beautiful trip you had with so many beautiful things to see. I'm so glad you captured them to share with us. Can I go next time?

Thanks, as always, for all of your loving words and friendship, Terri. You are special to me!

marsha

Terri Kahrs said...

Marsha, my heartfelt "thanks" your critique. You know how I'm searching for my voice (and my path). Your encouragement means the world to me. YOU, my friend, are VERY special to me too! xoxoxo

Ozstuff said...

I saw this at Flickr and it looks even better here on the blog! Fantastic work, Terry. The detail in it is mind-boggling. Wonderful.

Terri Kahrs said...

Thanks, Marie, for your kind words! Hugs xoxo