April 29, 2009

Crowabout Week #33

"Pet Tricks"
5"x7" Journal Page

This week's Crowabout collage challenge had quite a few circus images. Since this is my third circus-themed collage in as many weeks, it looks as though I've got a series! I didn't plan to do another circus collage . . . it just happened to work out this way!

The large, center image is from Dover Publications. Approximately seven of the Crowabout images were used; however, most of them have been altered in size and/or color. (For example, the red, orange and green striped border began as a red and white piece.) Additionally, you may recognize some things from my two previous circus collages: A mixture of pieces from Dover, past Crowabout challenges and my own scanned images.

The entire collage was created on a black-gessoed piece of recycled chipboard. All of the images were hand cut and colored with watercolors and Prismacolor pencils. Pitt pens and a blue poster paint pen were used for accents; and the entire piece was edged with silver marker.

11 comments:

Janine said...

It´s again a wonderful artwork.
I wouldn´t even have the temper to cut all this pieces out without crying.
Great job
Janine

Cathy Mendola said...

You've done it again! You create some of the most highly detailed collages I've ever seen.
Love the circus theme, just wonderful!
hugs
xoxo
cathy

Terri Kahrs said...

Janine, when I read your comment I had to laugh because I understand your meaning. When I look at Cathy M's work (her embroideries are BE-U-tiful!), I wonder how she does it too! Guess we all have our likes and dislikes! Glad you enjoyed the circus, Cathy! Hugs! xoxo

Ro Bruhn said...

This looks wonderful, I love the way the blue dots tie it all together. Thanks for the healing vibes too, it's feeling much better today.,

Marie Reed said...

I especially love the animals! It adds so much excitement to the piece!

vintagepix said...

Gorgeous, and so fun! You have such a talent (and patience?) for complex layouts :D

Terri Kahrs said...

@Ro - I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better!
@Marie - Thank you!
@Carolyn - Your comments always make me smile!
Hugs to everyone!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Another FABULOUS piece Terri!!! I love the dogs!! So fun and happy. I laughed at Janines comment too! So funny....I have done that with lesser involved tasks!!!! Enjoy your day my friend.
Hugs!!

Janny said...

What a great piece of work!

Lynn said...

Fabulous!!!!!!! I am just loving the Circus theme :)

Jean said...

Terri, I am new to the digital world. This is the first time I've seen your work.I am in awe and with great respect for all the hand work you've done. This is truly fabulous! I will definetly have to add you to the people I follow. Your are an inspiration! Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comments.