April 21, 2009

Dans Ma Maison Challenge - The Orient

"Madame Butterfly"
5"x7" Shaped Journal Page

"Madame Butterfly" is a shaped journal page created for this week's Dans ma Maison il y a l'Orient challenge. The image of the geisha (from the public domain) is mounted on a piece of gessoed, recycled chipboard from a cereal box that's been covered in assorted pieces of scrap paper.

Ms. Butterfly is surrounded by paper parasols from the party store and butterflies from Dover Publications. She, as well as her surroundings, have been enhanced with watercolor pencils, Prismacolor pencils and acrylic paints. The tassel was made from assorted pieces of decorative fiber. A citrine-colored jewel adorns the tip of the roof, and silver marker was used to enhance the edges.

15 comments:

indybev said...

Thanks for sharing your process on this one! It's beautifully done, and so much more special for hearing how it was created. Kudos to you!!

AliMayes said...

A fascinating house and afascinating description too!
Ali xx

June said...

What a gorgeous Madame butterfly, you capture her essense exactly
xxx June xxx

Odetta's Scrap-walk-in-closet said...

Stunning! Madame Butterfly is alive!!! The colors are so vivid and I love the special effect of the parasols.

lilibulle said...

terry!! your house is stunting!! great colors!! wowww

lunaplume said...

wow...i love colors...I love your house !!

Terri Kahrs said...

My sincere "thanks", Ladies, for your generous comments! You've made my heart sing! Hugs!

Ro Bruhn said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and allowing me to discover your blog. Thanks also for the birthday wishes. I love your collage work, fabulous colours.

Cathy Mendola said...

Another stunning piece of art on a cereal box!
You do great work. I especially love the geisha
girl ones. I also love your use of the little party parasols. So clever.
Thanks for your kind words dear.
I've missed being around my cyberfriends/sisters!
Hopefully I'm back for good.
Hugs to you.
cathy

boita said...

ohhh ! your background is so nice !!! I love Madame Butterfly !

Gaby Bee said...

A really fabulous collage. Great colors!
Gaby xo

vintage wil said...

Great house! beautiful colors!!

Kims Art said...

I love love all the color!

Terri Kahrs said...

All of your wonderful comments mean SO much to me! Thank you! Hugs!

Théalie said...

Jolie maison, les couleurs sont superbes !!! merci de ta participation.