April 22, 2009

Two Challenges Met!

"Circus of Desisre"
Postcard

Sometimes you just can't resist a good challenge! With my husband out of town for a few days, I've had extra time to play in the studio and can participate in a few challenges this week.

This is my very first entry in the Sunday Postcard Art challenge - the theme is "Pierrot". And, since I used some of the images from this week's Crowabout challenge, I've met that challenge's requirements too!

The Pierrot couple, as well as the horse riding people in the background, are from a FLICKR photo-sharing group. Approximately nine of the Crowabout images were used - including all of the little "labels". They were sized and "texted" (Is that a word?!?) in a photo-editing program, and then hand-colored with watercolors and Prismacolor pencils. Other graphics include images from previous Crowabout challenges and scanned circus scrapbook stickers manipulated (for size only) in a photo-editing program.

As a final touch, blue paint dots were added to the background, and the entire piece was "edged" with a silver marker.

13 comments:

Flippinpest said...

Wow this is brilliant! Great imaages and colours. Nice to have a good play isnt it?

Lumilyon said...

Gorgeous piece Terri! Thanks so much for stopping by and introducing yourself and your lovely blog. I'll be back!

Lori Saul said...

This is a wonderful postcard- very creative and fun! Your site is beautiful -I will visit again for sure and thank you for your kind words on my blog!

indybev said...

This is vunderbar!!! It fascinates me endlessly to see what folks do with the bits and pieces from the collage sheets. Yours never fail to impress me!

peggy gatto said...

This could be a poster!!!! wonderful!

Terri Kahrs said...

I truly appreciate all of your beautiful comments! I'm always fascinated too, Bev, by what everyone comes up with. Everyone has such a different artistic viewpoint. It IS fascinating! Thanks again & Hugs to all!

chris said...

wonderful collage !!

Cathy Mendola said...

I really love this! I love vintage images of Pierrot. Your pieces have so much detail that I can stare for hours!
Great job on accomplishing a piece for 2 challenges!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
cathy

Janine said...

To say it in one word:
"COOL"
Have a nice weekend
Janine

Terri Kahrs said...

Thank you, thank you, *(big smile)* for your lovely comments! I'm so happy you stopped by, Chris and Janine! And Cathy, you ALWAYS make my day! Wishes for a great weekend to everyone!

Ozstuff said...

I ran out of superlatives at Flickr for this one!! Suffice to say that your art always bowls me over and this one is magnificent.

Donna said...

Great job!

vintagepix said...

Isn't it great to hit two challenges in one piece? :D Fabulous colors and again and I love the layers of text and the smaller images hidden in the background