April 9, 2009

Vacation Pics from Portsmouth, NH


Last week we started our vacation with a drive to Portsmouth and arrived at dusk, just as all of the shops began to close for the evening. But it really didn't matter - we had a ton of fun "just looking"!

Come along on a virtual tour and window shop with me in downtown Portsmouth, NH! Portsmouth is a grand, old port town that has a lot of New England charm and architecture; and the city has maintained a young, vibrant identity. It's located directly across the border from Kittery, Maine.

If you'd like a closer look - just click on each of the pictures and they'll open in a larger window. Enjoy!

Spring Flowers




Some Gallery Goodies
Although these galleries were getting ready to close, we did manage to sneak into one or two. I have great respect for glass artists. It's probably one medium that I'll never try; however, I DO love the colors and textures of contemporary pieces.




The following pictures are very interesting because the old buildings across the street are reflected in the shop windows. When I took the pictures, I didn't realize that this had happened until I began to download. What a happy accident!




Pretty Clothing Boutiques
Such beautiful clothing in some of the shops. What an unexpected surprise! Who'd of thought you'd find such gorgeous-ness? The dress shop was filled with one-of-a-kind silk and tulle party dresses, hand-beaded goodies and beautifully embroidered clothes. The owner goes on shopping trips to Europe to fill her shop with yummy things. I had to restrain myself from leaving drool puddles on the floor!


I love these pretty sea-glass colors! Each of these sweaters are hand knit and sport handmade buttons.


7 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I love seeing pictures like this, kinda like I am on a trip too!!!
Thanks for coming by my blog! I look forward to visiting here again!

Lynn said...

Love the hand knit sweaters, such a gorgeous color scheme, your photos are beautiful Terri. I would love to visit Maine some day it always looks so nice there :)

Terri Kahrs said...

Thank you, Peggy and Lynn, for stopping by and for your lovely comments! Lynn. if you DO decide to visit ME, go in the warmer weather! June-September are beyond lovely on a sunny day. Peggy, you're SO talented! Thanks for visiting! Can't wait to see more of your work. Hugs! xoxo

Ozstuff said...

Wonderful photos - and thanks for the guided tour through Portsmouth, NH. I had the pleasure of travelling around New Hampshire a few years ago but, sadly, missed Portsmouth.

Terri Kahrs said...

So sorry you missed Portsmouth! Am so happy you enjoyed the pics and hope you're having a super weekend! Hugs!

Cathy Mendola said...

What a wonderful collection of photos! You really NEED to get your photography out there my
friend! You do fabulous work.
MY absolute FAVE is the one with the reflection of the building in the window! Magnificent.
It looks as though you thought it out and planned it that way. I'm drooling over the dresses and even more so over the sweaters! I love that color and love handknit sweaters.
It looks as though you had a grand time while you were away.
Thanks for sharing.
hugs
cathy

Terri Kahrs said...

It's SO good to hear from you, Cathy! You are TOO kind! I truly DO love photography - almost as much as creating art. Thank you, thank you for your encouragement. BIG hugs! xoxo