May 6, 2009

Crowabout Week #34

"Miss Fish"
(And the 1st Runner Up!)
5"x7" Page

"Miss Fish" and her lovely friend, "The Runner Up", conjures up pleasant memories of silly summer contests and fun.

Creating with this week's Crowabout images proved to be somewhat of a challenge. I really wanted to use all of the images; however, this piece incorporates four. The remainder of the images are from Dover Publications, previous Crowabout challenges and a FLICKR photo sharing group.

Some of the images (eg. "Miss Fish" and "Runner Up") were sized in a photo editing program. Materials used on this piece were watercolors, Twinkling H2O's, Prismacolor pencils, watercolor crayons, pan pastels and Pitt pens. Additional embellishments include foam "glitter" stars and parasols from the party store. A gold marker was used to outline the page and add a bit of glam to the background.

9 comments:

Janine said...

Great colourfull work.
I like it.

Cathy Mendola said...

HELLO Terri! I'm so glad to be back.
Thanks for your sweet comments. Old friends are truly a blessing. I had a grand ole time.
The artwork above is OUTSTANDING! Another gorgeously detailed collage. I absolutely love the little fishies down at the bottom. So cute.
When I enlarged it to view it better, I was just amazed at all the background details.
Your work is AWESOME my dear!
I also love the black & white "Evening in Paris" in the previous post. I am really drawn to black & white even though I don't create artwork in those colors very often.
Great job!
Have a great week!
Hugs xoxoxo
cathy

Lynn said...

Amazing work as always Terri :) I am happy that you entered my giveaway and thank you for the lovely comment.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Fantastic work, again, Terri! I cannot believe how you've changed that photo and yet I recognize it! I just love what you did with the main image! I will comment more on flickr, I have a lot to say about it!

Hope you have a lovely weekend and a Happy Mother's Day if I don't get back before then! I'll be thinking of you and all of your "babies"!

marsha

roc said...

great job with this page!

Terri Kahrs said...

Thanks, everyone, for your awesome comments! It's always a joy to "hear your voices", and your encouragement means the world to me! Hugs xoxo

Jean said...

Terri, this is quite beautiful. I always enjoy seeing your work. I admire your mixed media style,and especially the fact you do it all by hand!What a gorgeous piece!!!

Gaby Bee said...

This is absolutely stunning with gorgeous details. Fabulous colors!
Gaby xo

Janny said...

Great work again;o)