May 26, 2009

Crowabout Week #37

"The Flying Pig Revue"
5"x7" Journal Page

Round up the children and put on your "Sunday Best"! The "Red Cloud Flying Pig Revue" is in town! The the show features sassy dancing girls, live music; and, the premier act for your entertainment pleasure is . . . (of course) . . . the world renowned Red Cloud flying pigs!

This week's Crowabout challenge was a lot of fun. When I saw the collage sheet, I fell in love with the image of the little porker wearing a crown. And, since a colorful butterfly was included on the sheet too, it was a no-brainer for me . . . I just had to do a flying pig. And, when it comes to flying pigs, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned!

Approximately nine of this week's given images were used in this production. The sassy dancers are from the Library of Congress, and most of the remaining images were taken from past Crowabout challenge sheets. Photo editing was used for sizing only. All of the images were printed out, hand cut and glued to a piece of scrapbook paper dry mounted to a piece of recycled chipboard.

"Sassy Dancers"
(You may use this in your artwork!)

Enhanced coloring was done with watercolor pencils, Prismacolor pencils and pan pastels. Pitt pens were used for "drawing", and the entire piece was edged with a copper-colored marking pen.

Have an entertaining day!

13 comments:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

So fun and colorful! And very sassy!

Janny said...

Fabulous work!

PCarriker said...

what a fun page!

Ro Bruhn said...

I love your journal pages, there's so much to see. You put the collages together so well.

June said...

Love both of these Terri. brilliant work as always. the flying pig is superb and i adore the dancers in red
Hugs june xxxx

Ozstuff said...

The Flying Pig Revenue? Now there is an exceptional imagination at work! Your collage is magnificent, Terri. It's Thursday morning here in Oz and I have had my first big smile of the day.

Ozstuff said...

I have a habit of reading my posts after I send them. Revenue? (see above). Of course, I meant "revue", although I imagine the revenue from a Flying Pig presentation would be huge.

Lynn said...

Hi Terri, yeah, I do love Firefox....
Ok, I don't know what to say, you know I love your work, even, and probably because it is so different than my own, but this is fantastic!!!! I just love all the detail in your work and I love seeing the original image you started with, every piece you do is perfection!

Luisa Migon said...

I'm so glad to be here! It's a wonderful blog! This page and all other are great!!!

TFS!!!

Lorraine said...

reminds me of Paris..excellent and thanks for commenting on my first attempt for crowabout

Janine said...

I truely love that flying pigs (lol)
Great work

Suze said...

Beautiful image, thank you

chrisw said...

Thankyou this image is fabulous