May 4, 2009

Evening in Paris!

"Evening in Paris"
Postcard 4"x6"

"Evening in Paris" was created for Sunday Postcard Art's black and white challenge and a private swap to create a postcard with at least three circles. Although this piece "scanned" with a bit of a sepia cast, it truly is almost all black and white. Creating in black and white was a challenge within itself for me. It took a bit of courage to step outside of my colorful and lively style. This is quite a departure from my work.

The image of a lady from my collection has been enhanced with charcoal and graphite pencils, and Prismacolors in black and white. I couldn't resist giving her cheeks a hint of rouge with pink pan pastels! (For "Twilight" book fans, - After I finished this piece, I thought this lady looked like my idea of Alice - lovely and feminine! And, no, I haven't seen the movie!!!)

The background was created with a piece of Somerset artists' paper. A text stamp was added before gesso circles were applied, followed by some swirly stamps and the Parisian postage stamp. Finally, the ribbon rose was added to her hair and a scrap of lace (edged with teeny-tiny circles) completes the bottom.

18 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG she is so beautiful.
Wonderful card. Love them.

Willy said...

Fabulous card!

Janine said...

That´s a great composition

Janny said...

Gorgeous postcard!

AliMayes said...

Absolutely beautiful and I think you can be allowed the tiny blush!
Ali xx

peggy gatto said...

Simply beautiful!!!!!

indybev said...

What a change of pace for you, Terri! This is beautiful, and delicately done. I love it!

Annes Art said...

Gorgeous postcard!

BlueRidgeLady said...

She is stunning!!! Such a romantic card, perfect name...makes me think of the perfume "Evening in Paris" do you remember it? I have two little bottles of it!

Ozstuff said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I am always blown away by your fantatic art and this one is super-special. Standing ovation!!

Ozstuff said...

As is my habit, I proof read AFTER posting which says something about my state of mind. I haven't really invented a new word "fantatic". I think I meant "fantastic".

Myriame said...

Very beautiful!!!

Martina2801 said...

This is fantastic! What a great inspiration piece!

Terri Kahrs said...

Your beautiful comments brought a smile! My sincere thanks! Yes, Shelly, I DO remember "Evening in Paris" perfume in the little cobalt blue bottle!! I also remember spilling the stuff on my Grandma's quilt. Woah! It had the scent for months - even after many washings! :)

Marie, I love the word "fantatic"! Looks like your could've coined a new word for someone who's a "fan of fantastic" stuff! LOL

Hugs & Blessings to all! xoxoxo

Kims Art said...

Beautiful! Everything about it is just perfect!

herminesplace said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Gaby Bee said...

This card is really beautiful! What a wonderful combination of elements.Simply perfect!
Gaby xo

Alberta and Ava said...

This postcard is one the lovliest I've ever seen. I am so awed by the intricacy you achieved using only black, white, and blush. Her face, the texture of the fabric and lace and the lacy affect of the background combine to make a breathtaking composition.