May 29, 2009

Friday "Freebie" - Woman in Satin

"Woman in Satin"
(For your creative pleasure!)

While doing some research this past week, I happened upon this lovely lady and thought you might enjoy her as much as I.

This portrait (in the public domain) is so evocative of another time. I love her coy, "come hither" look that's full of promises. If I close my eyes I can almost smell her fragrant perfume and hear the tinkle of champagne glasses. Just look at the way the light falls on her dreamy satin gown! So romantic!

Wishing you a weekend filled with romance!

6 comments:

Luisa Migon said...

Many, many thanks!!!

Taluula said...

She's beautiful, thank you so much.

Kim Andersen said...

they sure don't make nightwear like they used to ..... beautiful image of a beautiful time :)

Lynn said...

Terri? I didn't realize before what a great writer you are, you have really put me in a romantic mood, but I "just don't" look this LOL

Terri Kahrs said...

Luisa, Taluula, Kim and Lynn - I'm SO happy that you've enjoyed this image! FYI, Lynn, I don't look like this either! LOL!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Thank you very much for sharing such a beautiful image, she certainly is a looker in her pink satin :)