May 15, 2009

Friday "Freebies"

Friday Freebie
Girl with Graflex Camera

While doing some research, I stumbled upon a few pictures that I thought were very interesting from a historic, technological point of view. OMG! As if those socks weren't quite enough for beach wear, can you even begin to imagine having to tote around a camera this large?!?! My little digital point and shoot is so small, I can barely find it in my purse!


Another "Freebie"
Mary Pickford

The next shot of Mary Pickford is for the devotees of the little flip video cameras. Look at the size of the tripod on this camera! We've come a long way, Baby!

Please feel free to use these pictures in your art. They're both from the Library of Congress - a wonderful place to investigate when you have the time.

I've Been Tagged!

It's official! I've been tagged by Janine and must list six unimportant things that make me happy. Officially, I'm supposed to tag six more people. However, because I'm a bit unconventional, I'll just do the list part.

Here's the twist: If you'd like to make a "Happy List", leave a comment below with a link to your blog. Could be v-e-r-y interesting! And if you have a chance, check out Janine's colorful style here.

Besides the obvious loves of family, friends, Diva Dog, art and photography, here goes:
  1. Babies' "bums" and their laughter. Geeze, I wish I could bottle and sell it!
  2. Being curled up in front the fireplace, sitting on the sofa with a good book and a hot cup of tea on a gray, rainy day. And/or . . . Watching the snow come down like crazy, but knowing that everyone's safe and snug inside.
  3. The way the light dances and reflects on water (eg. a lake, the ocean). I could watch it shift all day!
  4. The smell of home baked anything. Reminds me of my childhood and my beloved Grandma.
  5. Researching and learning new things.
  6. Smiles! I love to give and get them!!!
Have a happy weekend!

16 comments:

indybev said...

Terri -- You've stolen my list of things that make me happy!! No kiddin' My list would read almost exactly the same. It's the simple things that are magic!

Janine said...

I love your list (especially the bottled baby laughter).
And I love this photos.
It is not that long ago, is it?
But so much another age.

peggy gatto said...

Thanks for the pictures!!!!
Have a great weekend!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Bev, I agree with you wholeheartedly that the simple things are magic. Best yest . . . most of them are free!

Janine and Peggy, I'm happy that you've enjoyed the pictures. You're right, Janine, it wasn't all that long ago! Electronics and gadgets are getting smaller all of the time. It's amazing! Have a super weekend! Hugs! xoxo

Fuzzy Brush said...

I couldn't resist being on your 'happy' list! Sign me up and thanks for the new freebies! I came over here to tag you because Janine got me too...but now I won't, but want to tell you that I already put your link on my site so there's a nice weekend present for you!
http://dorisbritt.blogspot.com(I don't think this will work)

Terri Kahrs said...

Thanks for your gift, Doris! Loved your list! Hope you have a super weekend! Hugs! xoxo

Taluula said...

You are such a joyful person Terri and I love to peruse you blog which is always wonderful. Thank you so much for the freebies Terri.

Art Fan Ako said...

I got to know you a bit more... I can relate to the sofa and good book scenario. Thanks for the fascinating photos!

June said...

Hi Terri i love these and love your answers on the questions
Just going to add your link to my art freebies blog
Hugs June xxx

Terri Kahrs said...

Am so happy to hear that you all liked the pics! Thanks for the compliments, Taluula! Sometimes my husband doesn't think that I'm so joyful! LOL

And June, thank you so much for the link! From time to time I try to have something fun to share. I appreciate people taking time to stop by, and this is a nice way for me to say thanks. Happy Hugs! xoxo

Gaby Bee said...

These freebies are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Love your list:-)
Gaby xo

Marie Reed said...

These are just amazing images! Her shoes in the fist image are the cat's meow!

Terri Kahrs said...

Gaby, you're very welcome! And, Marie, I loved her shoes too! Hugs!

vintagepix said...

Love those "portable" cameras - and you had to carry your own developing plates as well! It looks like Miss Mary's movie camera has the handcrank that you had to be able to crank steadily at the correct speed :D Hoorah for modern technology!

Cathy Mendola said...

Oh Terri! I've been gone too long....
I love your new blog look. Very beautiful.
I too was tagged and went with a different approach. I didn't add baby's laughter to mine and should have. That is truly a wonderful thing. Love the freebies, thanks!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Thank you for the fabulous freebies! What wonderful finds! And I loved what you wrote about cameras and socks at the beach and how things have changed. It seems like just yesterday my phone was as big and heavy as a brick.

Your six things were lovely to read and made me happy too!

Have a great week nice lady!
marsha