May 18, 2009

May

"May"
An Atc

"May" is an ATC that was created for a trade. Rules were that everything on the ATC had to be drawn by hand and then colored in using markers, pencils, etc.! Quite a challenge, indeed! Believe it or not, I'm OK with drawing things on client's walls, but got the "Uh Oh's!" when I began to create this little treasure. I'm just not used to working so small. (I really can't understand how so many artists create inchies!)

The Inspiration!
(You may use this in your artwork!)

Thought you might enjoy seeing my inspiration. I found "May" in a photo sharing group, so thought I'd try my hand. After drawing her lightly in pencil on a blank linen atc, I traced her outline with a black Pitt pen. Then the fun part began!

"May" has been colored with markers, Prismacolors and some Twinkling H2Os. Her rouge is courtesy of some pan pastels, and a gold marker created the dots on the background and the edging.


A very special "thank you" to my friend Tammy from Daisy Yellow, who gave me this wonderful award recently. This award "acknowledges the value of every blogger who shows their efforts to transmit cultural, ethical, literacy and personal values everyday." What a lovely tribute! Thanks again, Tammy.


Before she leaves for a short blogging vacation in June, stop by Daisy Yellow for a visit. Tammy has posted many great tips on drawing mandala's and awesome art journaling techniques. Although her blog proclaims it's for "kids", I think it speaks to the child in all of us!

Have an inspired day!

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Terri, I like your lady more than the original photo you used for inspiration :) You did a wonderful job of drawing on such a small space, and then the coloring, just looks beautiful.

Fuzzy Brush said...

I love your lady May! You would never think that you had trouble with it! It has such a presence all it's own! Maybe you should do more! Good thoughts from the brush....doris

Cathy Mendola said...

AS I said in the previous post, I've missed soooo much! Your piece titled 'Carmelita' is beautiful but this ATC is perfect! You did a
spectacular job on the drawing. You should continue to draw your own designs!
Hopefully I'll be checking in more frequently this week!
Have a great week.
hugs
cathy

Janine said...

That is very well done.
You should do more small paintings.

Taluula said...

I love your lady and am so impressed that you can do all of that by hand. Loud applause from my corner.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh Terri. I am so behind and you have so many wonderful things going on here, I don't know where to start! First, I love the new blog background! It's perfectly vintage and chic and comfortable - a great choice! Love it!

Here you are in your glory showing us your drawing and painting talents. You amaze me. I could never even dream of doing this so I just sit with my mouth hanging open. Lovely, lovely.

I am off to catch up on your other posts!
marsha

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, My! All of your wonderful comments are so full of encouragement! Thank you, All! Hugs! xoxo

Kimmie said...

How funny - cuz I would have great trepidation at tackling a WALL - the small stuff is my comfort zone :)

Amazing ATC - wonderful sketching -I really LOVE the orange background and the gold dots :)

Gaby Bee said...

Your ATC is simply wonderful. Beautifully done. You should do more paintings:-)
Congrats on your award!
Gaby xo

Janny said...

Gongrats Terri and this is gorgeous!

Marie Reed said...

I can barely draw a stick figure! What an amazing talent you possess!

Jean said...

Terri, your work is incredible !!!!The woman you colored for ATC is fantastic. I'm always in awe of what you can do!!!!! Thank you always for your kind comments you leave on my blog.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

She is great! Blessings.

Sea Gypsy said...

Wow! You did a great job! I admire the inches, but like you, I am not sure I could go that small I love the new look of your blog!

Ozstuff said...

Beautiful drawing! I love the stunning background and the lady is gorgeous. I especially love her floppy hat! Your new blog is amazing too. A real artist at work.