June 29, 2009

Crowabout Week #42

"Soar"
5"x7" Collage
(Click on this picture to see all of the details!)


When I was a child, nothing made me happier than receiving a new box of crayons. I loved seeing that beautiful rainbow of colors, so bright and expressive, all neatly nestled inside their trademarked yellow cardboard box. I loved thinking of the myriad colors buried deep inside of my soul just waiting to be expressed on a piece of paper or in a coloring book. Nirvana!

"Soar", created for this week's Crowabout Challenge, is a colorful tribute to my younger artistic days. It's a reminder to listen to the voice of my inner child and soar on the bright wings of color just for the pure enjoyment of it all.

-------------------------

My Techniques

After gluing a piece of scrapbook paper to chipboard, all of the elements were manipulated (for size only) in a photo editing program, printed and hand trimmed with scissors. Most of the images are from Crowabout, including nine from this week's challenge. I created the crown from a snip of a vintage page, and the pink boots were found in web surfing expedition. The word, "play", was clipped from an old package.

All of the images, including the background, were color enhanced with a wash (or two or three!) of watercolor followed with more color from Prismacolor pencils. A white poster paint marker created the dots, and the finished piece was framed with a metallic silver marker.

Have a colorful day!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Terri! This is my favorite yet (every time I think that, then you go and top it!)I am still a fan of a new box of crayons! Thanks to you, I'll go admire some right now! hugs, Michelle at Lost Coast Post
PS..Thank you for all the comment at my blog...does my heart good!

Luisa Migon said...

You can't imagine how I love it!!!

Taluula said...

This is so happy and fun Terri. I love it.

Janine said...

Magical, like allways!

Ozstuff said...

I am always in complete awe when I see your collages and wonder how you manage to make such beautiful pictures out of the tiny images on the collage sheet. This is spectacular. Wonderful, stunning work.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Goodness... Terri, your art makes me soo happy dear! I am so glad you create! Blessings.

Janny said...

I's fabulous, you can see you enjoyed making it;o)

Amy said...

what a cute girl!