June 30, 2009

"Flying Dreams" - Three Muses Challenge

"Flying Dreams"
ATC

The Three Muses Challenge theme this week is "Up, Up & Away!". For some inexplicable reason the thought of "If pigs could fly" popped into my mind. Rather than question the thought process, I decided to "go" with the creative flow. After all, anything is possible in one's imagination!

If pigs could fly, I surmised, they would surely have large comfy nests and colorful eggs. How funny would it be to see flocks of cute little piggies with their vibrant, multicolored wings flitting about and frolicking with the bluebirds!

-------------------------

My Techniques

All of the images - from Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout group and Itkupilli - were sized in a photo editing program, printed and hand trimmed with scissors. After the images were attached to the yellow watercolored background, their colors were enhanced with a wash of watercolors followed by Prismacolor pencils. Highlights were created with white acrylic paint.

To further embellish the background, small circles were drawn with a black Pitt pen (and the help of a template), and were filled in with Prismacolors and white acrylic paint "dip dots". Shadows were added with a gray pencil, and the entire piece was edged with a copper metallic paint marker.

Have an imaginative day!


31 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Fabulous flying pig- of course! Wonderful ATC- images are perfect- great take on the theme!

indybev said...

Oh, Terri, I'm convinced you were smoking funny weed for this one!! I will be left with the delightful image of flying porkers with nests and eggs for hours now!!! Delightfully quirky, and artfully done. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Ozstuff said...

This is a classic - of the porcine kind! Of course, the flying porkster! However, never was a common farmyard pig surrounded by such beauty and artistry!! Fantastic take on the theme, Terri. I love it!

lorhen82 said...

This is wonderful, Terri! Very cute and full of whimsey! ~Lori

WildGoose said...

In close-up you can really see the dimensionality of this well put-together piece; cute and clever!

Murphangel said...

Yes, someone had to take up the plight of the flying pig! You did it so beautifully. I love your gorgeous, original take on the challenge.

Sandy said...

Yeah this made me smile.
What a fantastic art. Love them.

herminesplace said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful art piece! Terrific image.

José said...

A pig will never be the seem again. I love this idea. It would be lovely if pigs could fly. Though a pig in a tree might be to much for the tree. :)
Beautiful piece of work.

Nan said...

Great idea! I love your pig in flight!

Eila A said...

Terri, I really love your flying pig! And you have made a really beautiful and hilarious card, with such meticulous work (thank you for sharing your techniques!) And thanks for your many nice comments on my blog!

peppapig said...

Lovely Terri,as you may be aware i love anything with a nice piggy on it lol.

Taluula said...

Ha ha Terri what a brilliantly creative take on the challenge. I can following your ingenious train of thought, but who'd have thought of nests and eggs except you. Totally wonderful.

Meikoningin said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is one funny story :D It really makes me laugh and all of a sudden all kinds of silly pictures about those pigs and piglets, super !

peggy gatto said...

Bravo!!!!!

Dianne Q Adams said...

Of course I love it!

Lynn said...

You have a wonderful creative imagination Terry, I always wonder what will you come up with next, this is such a fun piece of art, way to go yet again :)

Judy said...

Love your bright cheerful art, Terri, great take on the theme! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog,too!

Mary said...

This is an incredible piece! Love the thought behind it and the details on your technique. Thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

I am SO impressed by all the pieces and techniques that went into this piece! Well done!

Martina2801 said...

How creative and funny !
Wonderful.

Buffy said...

Adorable flying pig. Great idea too.

daisy said...

Fabulous Terri - inspirational work as always xx

Elegia said...

How delightful pig portrait, very imaginary! What a great idea you had :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is wonderful and so colorful, Terri! Great idea to use "if pigs could fly."

Paben said...

All your Artwork is fab!I love this flying pig! I love the bright colors you use!I hope if I see you on CNN it is for your incrediable art!I have been at CNN in Atlanta,but I didn't do anything newsworthy there just There for our grandaughter's cheerleading!

roc said...

great job with this piece!

AliMayes said...

Great minds think alike as regards pigs don't they? I love the idea of the pigs having nests and laying eggs too!
Ali xx

Janny said...

Fabulous!You work is great!

Amy said...

WOW..such a delight to look at..I love your vibrant fun color's to everything.