June 8, 2009

"La Mona" & A New Challenge Site!

"La Mona"
Digital Collage

Three talented ladies I'm proud to call friends, Taluula, Ozstuff and Indybev, have joined together to create a wonderful, new challenge site named "The Three Muses". If you like an artistic challenge and crave creativity, this site is a must see! It doesn't matter if your artwork is done with traditional materials or if you've "gone digital". All methods of artistic madness and are accepted.

Their very first challenge is to create or alter something with the image of the Mona Lisa. As a way of stretching my artistic wings, I decided to go digital with this challenge by using ItKuPiLLi's beautiful collage sheets for inspiration. This was my first attempt at using a computer to create a piece of digital artwork. And although it was fun, I think I'll stick to my tried and true paper and glue methods, and save the digital stuff for braver souls than I!

Hugs, Congrats and Best Wishes to "The Three Muses" for much success, and sincere apologies to Leonardo DaVinci!

------------------------------

Giveaway Reminder

I'm celebrating my six month anniversary this month and saying a great big "thank you" to my friends, followers and occasional readers, by giving away a print of "Outside the Lines" to one lucky winner whose name will chosen randomly (Randomorg.com). The winner's name will be posted this Friday, June 12. You can see the print and the original post by clicking here.

This is one of your last chances to enter the drawing. Just leave a comment here or on any of my "giveaway" posts between today and Wednesday, June 10. Please leave a link so I can notify you in the event you win.

If you've been blurking (Definition: A "Blog Lurker", as my friend, Marsha, would say!), please don't be shy. I'd love to know that "you're there" and would love to hear your "voice". To everyone who's left a comment, thank you and good luck!

Have a creative day!

31 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

She looks gorgeous...great take on the theme! Beautifully created.

Anne said...

She looks great! I like the dress she's in.

lorhen82 said...

I've never seen Mona look so festive! Fun piece! ~Lori

Taluula said...

That Mona and her antics, here she is again dancing the night away. Kudos to you and thanks for joining in.

indybev said...

I hope Mona's checking out all these wonderful new looks she has. This one is grrrrreat, Terri. AND, thank you for your kind words regarding our new blog challenge. It's been such fun getting to know you -- and your work -- and we appreciate your support!

Melissa said...

Mona never looked so lovely!
Hey Terri- pop over to my blog and check out what you won!
Smiles-
Melissa

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, we are just two peas in a pod aren't we? How funny! And cool! But I have a bone to pick. Your's is better than mine. I have no idea how to cut out pieces and parts digitally - you are way more advanced my dear! And this is far lovelier! Gorgeous! Congratulations on trying something new. I, too, plan to stick with my scissors and glue once I get home - they are calling my name! They miss me and I miss them!

Kelly said...

beautiful! i love your mona!

Willy said...

Your Mona is great, Terri!

Diane said...

Love the depth you've achieved with this! Nice job!

Ozstuff said...

Terri, your Mona is superb! Wow. I wonder if she is up there somewhere looking down and wondering what on earth is happening to her. She has taken on so many guises!!
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge.

Stacy said...

If this is what you created on your first digital attempt, I truly hate to see you give it up! This is a wonderful piece and you executed it masterfully! I love it!

Jean said...

Terri,how lovely! I'm with Stacy. If this is your first digital,Kudos!!! Your off and running. Just think where you will be a year from now. This is fantastic Terri. I bet Mona is glad to stretch her legs after all those decades.

Nan said...

Whoa..if this is your first digital piece there ay be hope for a newbie like me! This is great!

Sandy said...

Wow this looks great.
Unbelievable work. Love them.

AliMayes said...

I always knew Mona was a party girl and this proves it!
Ali xx

Kimmie said...

I'll have to check out that new challenge site :)

You did an awesome job with your digital piece!

Janine said...

Your Mona Lisa is quiet a hottie.
Thanks for sharing the site you found.
Hugs
Janine

peggy gatto said...

Love your interpretation!!!!
Thanks to you I am playing too!!!

Lori Saul said...

Very cool Mona - I love all of the elements- very pretty and feminine!

Janny said...

It's gorgeous!

Gladie said...

Great work - I love the new look you've given her :)

Judy said...

Just the opposite from the 'normal' Mona, Terri you have made a gorgeous job of altering her and of creating a digital collage!

Lynn said...

Way to go Terri, this is an awesome digital collage, and just look at Mona, she actually looks happy :) I just love what you did with her :)

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Wow, you have really transformed Mona! What a fabulous creation!

Martina2801 said...

How spectacular! I'm glad I came by to see your work today! Great work, Terri.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Ooh La Laaa Terri, your Mona is tres belle, makes me wish I knew anything about digital art :)

José said...

Oh la la, naughty Mona! Love your card.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Ooh I love Mona as the can can girl - or maybe up on the Moulin Rouge stage. Wonderful!

Astrid Maclean said...

This is brilliant, you've made her smile look so much happier!

Lynifyni said...

What a simply marvelous Mona!!!! Love your artwork! LynnF