July 27, 2009

Crowabout Week #46

"Disco Fever"
5"x7" Collage
(Click on a disco ball to see the details!)

This week's retro Crowabout images are solely responsible for a huge disco revival in blogland, and I've mixed in a bit of 60's "flower power" for good measure! My mini-skirt days are over, and I've worn the "big hair" and the "Dynasty" shoulder pads; but I still like the Bee-Gee's music (Barry made me swoon!) and old John Travolta movies too!

-------------------------
My Techniques

With the exception of the scrap paper background, the intriguing lady (Thanks to my dear friend, June from Art Freebies) and the computer generated text, all of the remaining images are from Crowabout challenges past and present. Although I loved all of the images, I used five from this week's collage sheet.

All of the images were sized in a photo editing program, printed, carefully cut out and then glued to the flower power background. They were further enhanced with watercolor washes, pan pastels and Prismacolor pencils. White highlights were added with white acrylic paint, and the disco balls got a touch of glitter for their signature sparkle.

The girl's funky earring was created by stacking three multi-colored discs cut from a piece of sewing trim. A few images were given shadows with a smudged charcoal pencil and some were outlined and given more defination with a black Pitt pen. A silver metallic paint pen was used to finish the edges.

I hope you have a day filled with fun memories!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a groovy interpretation of the theme and use of the collage images! Cool! hugs, Michelle

Janine said...

Wow, I love that, she looks like a proud spanish lady.
When I was 22 I made holidays in Andaluz, the south of spain, and I bought a hot like that.
I still have the hat, but not the courage to wear it any more, stupid isn´t it?
have a nice day
Janine

Ozstuff said...

Scrumptious collage. Standing ovation from me.

Lynn said...

Awesome!!!!! I love the flower power in the background and the disco balls and this women is just perfect for your theme. Always fun to see your creations even if i am days behind :)