July 10, 2009

Friday "Freebies" & Lots of Thanks!


For Your Creative Pleasure!

Thanks to everyone who left such beautiful and encouraging comments on my last post (surreal art); you made my heart sing with your sweet words! As a way to thank you for your kindness, I thought I'd post "Sunflower Lady", a peasant lady and a background for your use.

FYI - I created and saved both ladies as .png files. You can save them as such, or you can save them as .jpeg files the way you normally would. Just click on each image, and when it pops up in a new window, select "save as".

"Sunflower Lady" was created from two images - the lady from the Smithsonian Collection, and the sunflower face from a flickr photo sharing group (Thank you, Takeabreak!). The peasant lady (from my collection) and the background of the fancy foyer are believed to be in the public domain. I hope you enjoy them!

-------------------------

Special "Thanks"

This week I've been blessed to be the recipient of a LOT of Blogland "love"! To Shelly (Blue Ridge Lady), Janine (Join Janine) and Kelly (News & Notes from the Happy Shack) BIG "Thank You" hugs right back to you! All of these gracious and supremely talented ladies have wonderful blogs, well worth the time to stop by and say "hello"! Thanks again, for the "love"!


According to their award acceptance "agreement", I must reveal seven things about myself, so here goes!
  1. Around 3-4 p.m. every afternoon, I must have a nice, hot cup of tea. It really doesn't matter whether it's winter or summer. Tea time rules!
  2. I love my deck (or porch). It's extremely large, and in the springtime I plant flowers and small shrubs in pots and place them all around. I can see this deck from the back of my house, and it has a fountain and a periwinkle swing (that looks marvelous when it snows). White lights are strung around the perimeter and adorn a few of the larger shrubs. To me, it's very zen. My little peace of heaven on earth!
  3. I always "talk" with my hands. They go a mile a minute. My father used to say that if someone tied my hands behind my back, I wouldn't be able to talk.
  4. It's not enough for me to look at something when I shop, I always want to "touch it". Doesn't matter what it is . . . I'm very tactile. If I see it, I have to feel it!
  5. My aura and/or energy field always attracts babies, old men and animals. (And, sometimes "fritzes out" electronic equipment!)
  6. Math sucks! To this day (and I'm postmenopausal) and for the life of me, I can't remember numbers or do fractions no matter how hard I try. If someone were to say a series of three numbers, by the time I walk from one room to another, I can't get those numbers straight (even if I repeat them over and over).
  7. Given a choice of movies, I'll take romance or a good comedy every time. And the "older" the movie, the better. I adore the old studio classics like "Topper", the Fred Astaire movies, and my favorite - "Gone With the Wind". The costumes and sets from this era are unbelievable. (I adored Edith Head!) And don't even mention Cary Grant, Gregory Peck and Clark Gable! Be still my heart!
Have a fabulous weekend!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Morning Terri, looks like i am your first visitor today:) I just love your Sunflower girl and I want to use her on something, you make me want to get back into graphics work again but then I am afraid too, I met never get off the computer LOL.
I enjoyed reading about you this morning, we have a few things in common, I am a toucher when I shop too, can't help it, and the numbers, oh yes, that is me to a tee and even worse because I am pre menopausal and often get cotton head LOL.
Have a great day :)

Janine said...

So nice to learn mora about you, I agree absolutly with what you´ve sais about movies and the leading man.
Thank you for sharing this lovely photos.
Have a great weekend
Janine

Hanne said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful images!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hanne

Nan said...

Thanks for the wonderful images! I was laughing about your math confession. I could have written that one! Thanks also for your kind words on my MWO piece..it means a lot!

Martina2801 said...

Hi Terri,
the images you´re sharing are so beautifully and uniquely. It's a pleasure to visit your blog.
Thank you very,very much!

June said...

Hi Terri, just popped by to say thanks so much for you kind thoughts and always being such a great friend.
I finally got around to putting together and posting your 'little something' that i promised and it will be winging its way across the ocean to you soon my friend. Do let me know when it arrives
Hope all is good with you and sending you a mountain of hugs for the week
June x

Cathy said...

Oh MY! I could've written most of these things about myself! I think we must've been separated at birth.
Except I prefer my tea at bedtime...
But I do love my deck/porch. Whenever we move and we buy another house that's always a MUST. Either big front porch for rocking/swinging or a deck out back. AND I talk with my hands ALL THE TIME. So did my mother. Can't talk without them!
Love touching/feeling things in stores. Especially fabrics.
Not sure if I attract babies but they certainly attract me. I always want to touch/hold them. Not sure about the old men but I think they seek me out at times. And I always have to touch/talk to animals when I see them. Dangerous in a zoo!
Math has always been alien to me.
I can do the simple add/subtract but forget about fractions and algebra equations...what are they?
Romance movies/preferably romantic comedies! And we already knew we both love Gone with the Wind!
Cyber sisters we are & more!
Sorry I haven't been around much.
I was out of town with my daughter at a horse show last week.
I need to update my blog ASAP.
Thanks for sharing the images.
Hugs to you!
cathy

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Thank you for sharing the lovely images and some fun things to get to know you better!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, there is just too many lovely things here to comment on them all, but wanted to say how wonderful all of your freebie images are and how gracious of you to share them! And of course, I love seeing all of your delicious work that makes me shake my head and sigh in admiration!

And I wanted to say Congratulations on your newest award! You have to be one of the kindest ladies on the blog block so it is well deserved. You give so much to the rest of us!
marsha

Amy said...

these are awesome..thanks dearly!f