July 17, 2009

Vacation & "Friday Freebies"




For your pleasure!


I just can't resist children and pets, and thought you might enjoy these images from the public domain. Please note that I created and uploaded the first image of the little girl and her furry friend as a .png file for your artful pleasure. However, you can save it as a regular .jpeg file.

I love posting my "Freebies" as a way of saying "thank you" to you, my lovely visitors. It's also a way of paying back for all of the images that I've acquired over time.

For the past few weeks I've added some .png files to the mix. If you have an opportunity, I'd like to have your opinion. Please take a moment to leave a comment on this post to let me know the "Freebie" format that you prefer - either .png or .jpeg files. If you do leave your choice, thank you! I truly value your input.

Thanks so much for your visit today. I hope that you're enjoying these images in your art!

-------------------------

Vacation Announcement!

(Click on the fairy to read the "story"!)

It's been quite a while since we've had a bit of a break, and we're l-o-n-g overdue for some getaway fun. We're off to Western Pennsylvania and the land of the Amish for a few days, to visit my little brother (I use the term loosely, as he's 6'3" tall!) and his beautiful family. It's been at least a year since we've had an opportunity to see each other, and I'm really looking forward to our visit.

Along the way, there's sure to be an opportunity for some pictures, shopping and fun. I'll have limited access to blogland while I'm away and won't be "posting", but I will try to check in occasionally. (I just can't handle complete withdrawal!) See you in a few days - around Wednesday!

Have a relaxing weekend!

16 comments:

Taluula said...

Wishing you a happy and wonderful few days holiday.

Sea Gypsy said...

I hope you have a fun filled vacation!!!!!!! Take lots of pics!! I love all the freebies you share, but am not sure about the format. Have fun!

peggy gatto said...

Have fun!!!!! Love this morning's treasure!!
thanks

roc said...

have a wonderful vacation! love your photos! thanks for sharing!

Ozstuff said...

I am sure we have all seen beautiful images from Amish country and longed to see it some day. How wonderful that you are spending your vacation, exploring that most intriguing part of the world. I wish you a safe and happy trip. How wonderful to be sharing it with your "little" brother and his family. (By some strange coincidence, I watched the very old movie "Witness" last night so it is not hard to picture those rolling fields and quaint buildings).
Terri, you are so generous with your time and your comments. Your artwork is beautiful and second to none. You are an ornament to Blogland!! Have a great trip.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh, Terri. I am just trying to catch up on you and you are full of exciting things here! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I am just learning png's. I can't seem to save my own images well that way - always looks like it's snowing in the background unless I go in and "color to alpha" in Gimp. I will try your images out in both formats, but I am so new to it all, I am not a good tester. These are lovely pix though!

I'm off to see what all I've missed (besides you yourself) lately!

marsha

Janine said...

Haha, what a superb idea.
I hope the princess will enjoy her vacation.

Lynn said...

I hope you are enjoying your mini vacation Terri, and have fun while you are away :)
I believe png format is a better quality or higher resolution isn't it? Not totally sure, but either format is fine with me, thank you for sharing.

Alberta said...

I just drove through this area of the country and saw it for the first time in my life. It was so beautiful. I hope you ejoy your much needed vacation, although I will miss you. Have fun!

Love,
Alberta

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

such a cute and sweet vacation tale!
hope your getaway was everything you hoped for and more Terri
Lovely images as always, thank you.
My knowledge is very low tech, learn something new everyday here in the land of blog :)
~*~ Patty

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Blessed vacation moments to you. Refill and refresh your well of inspiration!

June said...

Glad you had a brill time my friend
As for image freebies .. for me ( and just a personal preference ) I like jpeg format

Hugs June xxx

Cathy said...

Dear, Dear Terri, I do hope your trip is filled with fun and your visit with family is relaxing.
You've earned it!
Another thing we have in common...
I also call my younger brother
my 'little' brother and he too is 6'3"!
See you soon. Hope you have lots of photos to share.
hugs,
cathy

Queen Of Toys said...

Terri,

Love your blog and your art. The images are better in the png files but I do have to say i prefer Jpeg. Thanks for dropping by my blog and if you hadn't I would not known about you.

Definately google reading yours now.

The Rustic Victorian said...

thanks for the freebie, the first one especially. Great site!
Marcie

Amy said...

very cute..I read it..I hope you did have a good time visiting your prince brother..too sweet!