August 31, 2009

"Beautiful Dreamer"

"Beautiful Dreamer"
5"x7" Collage
(Click on the rose to see the details!)


"Beautiful Dreamer" is my second entry for the Crowabout challenge's 50th week celebration. In honor of this auspicious occasion, the talented and creative Nancy Baumiller gave us three super collage sheets and asked us to use them for two weeks to create as many as three separate entries. I've only managed time enough to create two pieces, and both of them were created as a tribute to Nancy's vision for this awesome group.

"Dreamer" was also created as a tribute to each of the talented artists who participate in this group. Each week brings a gallery of wonderful creations, each with it's own distinct personality. Some are serious, some gorgeous, some wacky and some are downright outrageous. Yet all are created in a spirit of artistic camaraderie and fun. We all use the same images; however, the results are always surprising!

If you'd like to learn more or participate in our Crowabout group, just click here or click on the "crow" on my sidebar. Additionally, Nancy will be holding an "Art Journaling Workshop" that will begin in October. All of that information is posted there too.

Congrats and thanks again, Nancy!

Wishing you a day filled with creative fulfillment!


Image Credits: Linnet555, cassandra204, monkey123, Suzee Que, clotho98, jack and cat curio, wackystuff, jerseybarb85, Judy Scott, fidgetrainbowtree, HA! Designs-Artbyheather, ArtbyChrysti, sassyarts, neefer, imagesbyKim, annieoakley, Stars*Go*Blue, Joy Eliz, sPaRK*YouR*iMaGiNaTioN, wiebelwuppie, PaperScraps and Nancy Baumiller

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely and lush! I love how rich and playful your images become once you manipulate them...amazing stuff! xo - Michelle

Cathy said...

Terri, She's Beautiful! Your work is always a delight to see. I love your choice of colors for this piece.
I do love challenges when everyone is given the same idea or images and the outcomes are so different, yet they're all beautiful.
Thanks for the info on Crowabout.
I'll definitely check out more of the art.
have a great week!
xoxo
cathy

Hanne said...

Beautiful! The rich colors is just great!

sharon said...

Your power of color is amazing, your pieces glow from within...just beautiful!

ansku said...

This is amazing.

Taluula said...

Terri she's a real stunner because your use of colour is so clever. Standing O from my corner.

Lynn said...

Happy 50th challenge week to Crowabout, and you my girl have created two of the most charming, magical collages, I just love, love, love the combinations you put together, I could never think of them.
I never liked fish until I saw your first entry, they look great when you use them :)
This one has stunning color, love the two tone background, and the girl is beautiful now that you have finished with her, love the words too:)

Lori Saul said...

Such rich color and mesmerizing images- very beautiful piece Terri! Thanks for the link to Crowabout as well- I'll check it out!

Muse said...

I think I waxed poetic on this in Flickr comments, but let me say again SHE'S GORGEOUS!

Ozstuff said...

I love what you have done with the beautiful young lady, Terri, and those eyes!! Wow! Everything about this piece of artwork is fabulous.

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful, relaxing, dreamy and just so perfect. Love it!

Shannon Sawyer said...

I just love "Beautiful Dreamer". It's really awesome!! I would be honored if you would share a little bit of your process and how you made it? But if you prefer not to, I understand that completely.

I'm really glad I found your blog.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I can hear the song, what a great piece! Blessings.

icandy... said...

Love the "Dreamer", Terri! The colors...*sigh*...I know that I tell you this every time... but I always love the choice!
Christina

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

It's always a delight to come and visit Terri! Your colorful creations always put a smile on my face!
Happy Wednesday my friend!

Amy said...

such beautiful shades of purple..I adore the rose..she is a real delight ..so many fun added details.