October 5, 2009

Halloween ATC's



Haunted House ATC's
for a Swap
(Click on a each house to see the details!)

For as many ATC's as I've created, I've never done a "shaped" ATC before. (I know, I've lived a very sheltered life!) For this particular swap, each member of my group had to make three haunted house-shaped ATC's. It took a while to size the house correctly; but once I had my template made, I had a lot of fun decorating these ATC's.

------------------------
My Techniques

Each haunted house was made from a piece of scrap paper, and additional scraps were used to make the roof. The haunted house (from Dover Publications), and the Halloween Marie's (from CassicCreations - Etsy), were digitally composed and sized in a photo editing program, then carefully trimmed with scissors and glued to the background.

Bits of scraps were glued to form the roof edged with lacey scallops created with a doily punch (Martha Stewart). Additional color was added to each feature with Prismacolor pencils and watercolors. Shadows were added with a smudged charcoal pencil to define each Marie as well as the rooftop, and the flourishes were stamped and embossed with black detail embossing powder. Gold metallic marker was used to finish the edges.

Hope you have a day filled with a bit of artful fun!

17 comments:

sharon said...

These are gorgeous Terri, someone will be very lucky to receive these!! I love them, they actually look like pretty Halloween atc's to me!

whymsicalmusings said...

These are just FABULOUS!!!!! I so love the Marie Antoinette and the Haunted Houses!
XXXX
Becky

indybev said...

These are great, Terri. You achieved a nice 3-D effect with the shading under the top scallops. Well done.

June said...

Oh Terri, your art is always so amazing. Love these they are fabulous and so very cleverly designed too
Hugs June xxx

Janine said...

Dear Terri, these ones are lovely, but tell me what does ATC mean?
I really want to know!
Hugs
Janine

thekathrynwheel said...

OOoh these are great. I think I'm in the same swap. And I love the visual journal in a previous post. So, you can sketch too? Multi talented!

Jean said...

Terri,I enjoyed viewing your halloween atcs close up. As always your work is inspiring,colorful and full of life. Check out Stacy's atc on her blog http://theclochehat.blogspot.com/ I admire the challenge of working in such a small space. Kudos...

Alberta said...

These are so great, Terri. Your versatility always just amazes me. I love the Marie ATC especially. It's fun to work in shapes, isn't it?

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the 3D effect, they look wonderful.

Pom Pom said...

So Halloweenie! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Janine said...

Dear Terri, thank you so much for that useful information.
Have a great day.
Janine

Lori Saul said...

What a wonderful artistic set of shaped ATC's- beautifully done and each one so expressive Terri!

Lynn said...

Great work as always Terri :) I love how you add all your little extra touches with your markers, and love how you took Marie and put her in front of haunted houses, making her look rather dark than her usual pastel colors. Oh and the gold edging I love too, I like doing that with my gold leaf pen:)

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hey Terri !
Phew..at last...
because of circumstances i have gotten a "little behind" in my blogvisits the past two weeks and now that i read your blogs i discover that you also have celebrated your anniversary ??
(me to ! mine was 22 sept. LOL)
*****
But anyway...glad to be back and that i can see al your creativity again !! I've enjoined myself and just want to let you know that.
*****
Warm greetings from me !!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

ooo your haunted house cards are fab, each one a treasure ... Marie is especially fun Terri!
I Love my black shading pencil too!
Had to giggle at your "sheltered life" comment :) so much to try and enjoy in mixed media land!
oxo ~*~ Patty

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I love these ATC's Terri...gorgeous!

Susan Sager Brown said...

These ATC's are wonderful and really get me in the Spirit for Halloween! Loving your "spooky" effects, and your use of Marie!!xoSusan