October 20, 2009

"Talent Show"

"Talent Show"
5"x7" Collage

(Click on the flying piggy to see the details!)

This week's Crowabout challenge is full of interesting characters and my beloved color. Who can resist a dancing bear or a flying piggy?!? And doesn't everyone have a trained flying monkey to answer their beck and call?!? As you can see, I had a lot of fun with this week's challenge!

-------------------------

Giveaway Reminder
Last Call!

You still have an opportunity to participate in my celebratory "100th Follower" giveaway. You can read more about it by clicking here. If you'd like to enter, leave a comment on this post (or the original post), and you're automatically entered in the drawing. The winners will be announced on Friday, October 23.

Wishing you an colorful day!


Credits: All elements are from Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout group with the following exceptions: The theater curtain (Itkupilli), the elephant (Flickr's Playing with Brushes), the flying piggy (Kelly L. Watson), the small cowboy cartoon (Flickr's Angel & Spot), the pretty lady and monkey (Flickr's Sassyarts), and the moonface, dancing bear and butterflies (Dover Publications).

22 comments:

sharon said...

This is sooooo awesome Terri...especially the monkey and pig!! You have soooo many details in here, I find something new every time I look at it. And color...as always, over the top!!

T said...

Terri, I like the way you built up the collage images as if they are reaching upward. Lots of detail, lots to enjoy. ~ Tammy

Janine said...

Dear Terrie
What an outstanding collage.
WONDERFUL indeed.
Have a nice week
Janine

"MOI" Freubel said...

Olééé 107 followers Terri !!!
Smile baby, SMILE !!! :-)
And oww i'm soooo in a funny mood.
Do you know what we would say in Holland with so many followers ??
"Girl, you MUST have honey on your buttocks" hihi.
Nononooo...just kidding !!!!
I KNOW why there are so many ladies who like your Art and whimsical Designs Terry.
You are UNIQUE !!! And... always kind in your comments !!
Thats why !!
******
And about this piece ??
I'm totaly in love with that piggy.
Oink Oink

peppapig said...

This is just wonderfull as always Terri,love your work!!

Lori Saul said...

Wow- a fantastic array of joyful images- I love the bear with the hat so much! A beautiful collage that has a lot of energy and fun for the eye!

Dezinaworld said...

Oh Gosh Terri what a beautiful piece this is, its like a feast of fun and colour. I love all the seperate elements and would love to know how you thought it all out and structured it .. beautiful art !!! I am such a fan !!!
Hugs June xxx

patstudio said...

just found your blog. i think it was a leap from ro bruhn's blog. just beautiful.

Jean said...

Terri, what a beautiful,creative, and fun collage. So much to see!!! My favorite is the flying pigs and monkey. Thank you for all your kind comments.

Sandra Evertson said...

That is Fabulous! I love all of the hand done elements!
Sandra Evertson

DaBomb said...

The flying pig is my favorite. A gorgeous, fun-filled piece!

Marilyn Rock said...

I love this collage; it's so alive and filled with movement.

Ro Bruhn said...

I love your compositions Terri, you put the images together so well. As always great colours too.

Trudi Sissons said...

LOL - it took me a while to find the piggy! What a huge feast for the eyes - so much detail and so colorful!
Beautiful.

Alberta said...

Well, I certainly had a lot fun looking at this wonderful creation, Terri. What fantastic tale you've spun and what interesting array of characters you've assembled. You should be doing children's books!

A Dancing Mango said...

Terri, Okay.. if you wish to pull my arm! lol
I am a PRINGLE!
Have you ever seen the movie Anne of Green Gables.. and Ann of Avonlea?.. The Pringles were well known!
Were gettin there!
Hugs, Darlene smile

Lynn said...

I wish I did have a flying monkey to answer my beck and call LOL... this is amazing, so full of color and characters and you always manage to make them all get along well together. You are so talented my friend :)

Amy said...

HOW CUTE...love the monkey..so many goodies to view here on this piece!!! Fancy details

Janny said...

There is always so much to see in your collages, it's great again!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

SO playful and fun, lovely details on this creation Terri, as always!
oxo

whymsicalmusings said...

Terri thank you for sharing the fun things about yourself. I just love finding out new things about my friends:)
Have a magical evening! I am sending you a HUGE HUGE HUG!!!
Becky

Martina2801 said...

This is delightful, Terri!
Fantastic collage. There`s so much to see. I love it.