November 9, 2009

"Play Time"

"Play Time"
8 1/2" x 11" Journal Page
(Click, on the Man in the Moon to enlarge!)


This week's Crowabout challenge images were colorful, fun and featured a "moon" theme. I've always been fascinated with the moon and, in particular, I love vintage images of the "Man in the Moon". Maybe it's the "romantic" in me!

I seldom create blue backgrounds, but felt this watercolored page suited the collage theme. All of the images, with the following exceptions, are from Nancy Baumiller. Special thanks to Angellea (Flickr) for the great "numbered" scalloped border under the rusty star on the left-hand side of the page, and to Norma Frances (Flickr) for the "pastel" scalloped border used at the top left and bottom right.

And . . . a very BIG "special thanks" to Marsha from TumbleFish Studio for the awesome crown, the tiny red hearts (one is on Mr. Moon's top hat), the word "Moonbeam", and the fabulous turquoise and green scalloped border that I've used at the top and bottom of the page. Marsha has just created several digital collage sheets that are - in my humble opinion - a must have. They're bright, unique and FUN! Can't you tell that I adore them! So hop on over to Marsha's Etsy shop (click here) to grab a few for your files.

While you're over at Etsy, you've got to skip on over to the Koupie Shop too (click here). My dear, talented friend, Lynn from Her Creative Spirit, just listed some gorgeous digital tags and lovely Victorian images just in time for our Holiday creations. Lynn's tags are sooooo pretty and elegant - print them out, add a bit of ribbon, and they're the perfect finishing touch for your Holiday gifts.

Hope you have a "colorful" day!

17 comments:

Martina2801 said...

A big aplause, Terri.
What you make is a feast for my eyes to look at !!
Wel done!!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Martina said it perfectly = a feast for the eyes!!! the border takes one on a little trip!
I have always been enamoured with the moon ... there's a bit of magic in its pull and glow and you've captured it so wonderfully here Terri!
Lynn is such a lovely and talented artist, isn't she!!!
Must visit all of the fun linkies you provided Thanx!
oxo

sharon said...

The blue is divine!! Your ladies keep getting better and better...I at a loss for words Terri.....this is so wonderful!

Sanja said...

fabulos work!

Marilyn Rock said...

This is stunningly incredible! The border is wonderful; such detail. A visual delight! xxoo

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Love how she is holding the man in the moon! Very fun. And your blue/purple is fabulous!

Lori Saul said...

Wow- what a wonderful fantasy of color and image. Beautifully designed Terri- inspirational play!

indybev said...

Your border treatment is magic, the background color is gorgeous, and your zettiperson is charming. Take a big bow!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am glad you have been taking it easy and I wish you well. Take care dear one and brilliant works! Blessings.

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hey Terri.
I'ts always a pleasure to visit al the links given by you...
but MOST of all, i love it every time to see your new designs.
Some day....Some day...
I HAVE to try this style !!
When i have the guts.
xxx

Ozstuff said...

A feast for the eyes, indeed. The first thing that I saw was your most beautiful watercolour background. It is perfect for the wonderful colours of the collage. As always, superb artwork. Standing ovation from me.

peppapig said...

Absolutely gorgeous Terri,love it!!

Lynn said...

Terri, I always say WOW, and I will say it again... WOW!!!!!!! This is you, so you, your work is always so unique. I think the blue background is perfect for all of it especially the moon :)
Thank you for all the links and for the mention :)

Janny said...

It's a gorgeous piece of work;o)

Taluula said...

Terri does looking at good art ever make your mouth water? Well mine is watering now. Simply superb.

Trudi Sissons said...

Yup - Terri - Standing O! Just O-some (sounds Australian doesn't it!) :0)

Lindart said...

Love it Terri! The border is fab! Love the girl too! I like how you played around with the sizes of the images and multiple images as well. Must do that myself!