November 16, 2009

"Give Thanks"

"Give Thanks"
8 1/2" x 11" Journal Page
(Click on a turkey to see the details!)

Since Nancy Baumiller supplied us with some great Thanksgiving images this week, and we're entering the final stages of our "Collage Dreams" journaling class, my Crowabout entry is a journal page made to celebrate the season.

Mainly because of all of the lovely comments I received from you in my previous post, this is the first time that I felt brave enough to actually put journaling on my newly-created page. Thank you, My Friends, for your support and encouragement. As I penned the letters, I felt you standing in back of me, cheering me on. Sometimes it does "take a village", and I am grateful.

To satisfy your curiosity, here's a picture of what this collage looked like before the journaling and final details were added. Once you've seen the finished version, this page looks a bit naked!

Hope you try to conquer a fear today!

Credits: All images from Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout Flickr group with the following exceptions: From Suzee Que (Flickr) - Baby behind the turkey, the wishbone with fruit, and the turkey spoon. From TumbleFish Studio (Etsy) - All of the crowns, including the one on her head and those used to make the ruffle for the apron. From Dover Publications - The butterflies. And, finally, dapper Dan (on the right) was one of my "freebies". Click here to make him yours.

24 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

WOW! This is incredible!!! Love your lettering!

Lindart said...

Wonderful collage! I love the intricacy of the border - there's so much there! The quote "makes" it!

*jean* said...

well done, terri, well done!!! wooohooo!! this page is beautiful! your lettering looks fabulous!

sharon said...

Fantastic Terri!!! This is a gorgeous piece, and your confidence has paid off. The Thansgiving girl is adorable, rich, colorful, and YOU!

susi said...

Wow you have really mastered the collage! Love this! Can't wait for the book!

Lynn said...

Awesome, fantastic, spectacular, WOW what more can I say, you have it mastered Terri, this is so YOU, with journalling on the page :)
Love how you have taken a style and made it your own :)

indybev said...

This is such a great page, Terri. Your lettering turned out beautifully. Now you won't have to fear lettering any more!

Bill C. said...

Your journaling pages are wonderful! I'm a great fan of Teesha Moore's, too. I'd love to take that class you're in.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I have been! As I said I worked with colors I am not used to and yesterday, I tried a plastic project from a friend of mine! Plastic is not my fave thing to touch or think about, funny, I know. So, trying this was fun because I wanted to push my boundaries a bit artistically. I will post the plastic creation sometime when it is in completed form. Take care and fantastic piece and the journaling is amazing dear! Blessings.

whymsicalmusings said...

Terri this is so amazing! I love the colors and all the details on the sides. The wording is wonderful sooo BEAUTIFUL. I want to take a class form crowabout so badly! YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME!!!!
XXXX
Becky

thekathrynwheel said...

Beeaauutiful! The colours really pop! Fab lettering :-)

Trudi Sissons said...

I love the before and after photos - in anything and everything! Your practice lettering as well as this one are both wonderful Terri! It looks like you relaxed into it and found your 'mojo'! Congratulations! I know how hard that can be.
And Happy T-G - Being Canadian, I always forget our TG's are on diff. dates.

Ozstuff said...

I am laughing because nowhere but on the blogs would we see an instruction "click on the turkey to enlarge".
Your collage is truly exquisite. I can't imagine how long it took to complete. The colours are sensational. They have a rich glow that is rarely seen when images have been scanned. I hope everyone has taken your advice about clicking on the turkey because the enlarged version is sensational.
And speaking of turkeys .... Happy Thanksgiving!! We don't have such a celebration in Australia, more's the pity.

Janny said...

It;s a fabulous piece of work!

Elizabeth Golden said...

This is wonderful! Giving thanks is something I am doing on a daily basis. This is just perfect. Quit worrying about your lettering. It is lovely. You are so talented. Just let it flow.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

your journaling is the perfect addition/compliment to an already fantastic collage Terri!!!
oxoo

Janine said...

That ia a cool collage and I LOVE
Kahil Gibran.
Isn´t "The prophet" one of the best storys ever told?
Have a great week
Hugs
Janine

daisy said...

Fabulous Terri. Luv it xx

Lori Saul said...

Fantastic collage Terri - I love the use of the crowns for her apron and every detail is so beautifully thought out and rendered!

Melissa said...

Great journal page Terri! Your lettering is super. I also wanted to tell you that back in October when I wore the Halloween dog tag and glass tile pendants you created for me I got so many compliments!
Smiles-
Melissa

Amy said...

Love your artistic Thanksgiving art piece..such fun trimmings along the sides!! So much to see as always.

vintage wil said...

Fabulous Terri!! i love your work!!!

Taluula said...

Terri your collage is simply exquisite my friend and the quote is one we should all think about often. Love it.

Glycérine said...

Wow I do love your collage !!!