November 1, 2009

Homework

Journal Page
8 1/2" x 11"
(Click on a butterfly to see the details!)

This journal page was created for this week's Crowabout Challenge and my "Collage Dreams" journaling class homework. Our assignment was to create a few more pages, using our newly learned techniques, without adding the journaling and detailed doodles. As Nancy said, "There's more to come!"

My zetti figure was created by using part an old Maidenform bra advertisement that I found in a Flickr photo sharing group. I'm definitely showing my age when I say that I can remember these ads - in print and on TV, along with the Playtex bra lady who wore her bra over her cardigan sweater!!!

For my - uhhhmmm - "younger" visitors, the Maidenform ads featured an illustration of a beautiful woman, usually in a fairly romantic setting, wearing lingerie. The ad line proclaimed, "I dreamed I could . . . . . .(Fill in the blank with whatever dream you have in mind.) . . .in my Maidenform bra! Talk about empowerment!!! LOL!!! No wonder we burned our bras in the '60s!!!

Have a day filled with happy memories!

Credits:
Almost all of the images are from this week's Crowabout challenge with the exception of the flowers and lady's face (cutouts from magazines), the butterflies and newspaper seller (Dover Publications) and the lovely Maidenform figure (Flickr's Clotho98).


20 comments:

Dylan said...

Hi Terri, cool page, love the doodling on the tape measure. This group is quite daunting, so much fabby artwork lol. Whats the class you are taking..?? x

sharon said...

Another terrific piece Terri! You are doing fabulous in this class, and I love how you used it for the crowabout challenge! Even your zetti work looks pretty to me! You just have that prettiness built right in to everything you do, and it works so well!
As for the bras...I hate them and despise them, so I don't think I ever really paid a lot of attention to those commercials!!

Ozstuff said...

Exquisite! Your art work is so beautiful, Terri. Leaving bras aside, I am old enough to remember when swimsuits had built in bras which were foam enhanced (they were all like that, no choice). When ladies were sunbathing on the beach, on their backs, the bosom tended to flatten out while the bra tops stood up like small mountains. Quite bizarre!!

Dezinaworld said...

Lol things sure have changed since the days of maidenform bra's lol.
Love this one terri, as always your work is second to none, rich, clever and beautiful meaningful art
hugs June xxx

Marilyn Rock said...

This is a fantastic piece! I love the colors and composition. And boy do I remember those Maidenform bra ads. :) xxoo

Trudi Sissons said...

LOL on the bra ads - I remember them well - and the 24 hour girdle. Your collage is outstanding!

Terri said...

I really like your page and all the colors and the composition. I agree another terrific piece.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

what a fun collage Terri and your Maidenform inspiration is a hoot and brilliant too!
lovely details as always!!!
oxo

Kelly said...

very fun Terri. You are so talented. :-)

thekathrynwheel said...

OOOh I love this! I saw this on the class page and had to hop over here for a closer look. Glad I did 'cos I got the bra story too!

*jean* said...

ooo this is awesome! i like that you left some red in the middle!

indybev said...

I commented on this one at Crowabout, but let me say again how much I admire your work. You DO have a magic touch, Teri!

Marilyn Rock said...

Terri; did you just change your blog background? It's beautiful!

Lynn said...

Oh wow, I love all the little details and you may be learning new techniques from someone else, but it still looks like a Terri piece of art :) Love the background too, and I can't wait to see the next stages with your journalling and more doodles :)

Lynn said...

oops I was going to say, I remember the playtex bra commercial too where she wore it over her sweater. I must say that Playtex have come along way since then;)

Jules said...

Oh wow oh wow oh wow!!

I love it. So glad I blog hopped in your direction!!!

Julia x

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

just back for another look at this collage piece Terri and sure enough I saw something I missed first time around...those Hollyhocks are wonderful too! Love what you create!
oxo

"MOI" Freubel said...

Age does'nt matter Terri.
More important is, if it was necessary to wear them !! hihi.
In the Netherlands we would say "Schudden met die hap"
(lets shake those boobies)
*****
Thank you for your kind words on my latest entry !!
And what do i have to say of your ART ???
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER !!

Joy said...

Gorgeous. And I do remember those ads. ;o)

Elizabeth Golden said...

I happen to like the Bad Boys Rock.. Learned the hard way on that one! I can't wait to see what else you do to the page. It is so fantastic right now.