December 7, 2009

Christmas Tags

Embellished Tag #3
(Click to see the details!)

When something had to be done for the holidays, my wonderful sister-in-law, Ginny, had a saying that she used with great frequency: "Work smarter - not harder!"

I can still see her standing in her kitchen fixing beautiful party platters made by mixing homemade treats and store-bought goodies. Always the gracious hostess, she'd flash a dazzling smile of thanks when compliments were received.

Tag #1

Having received some great digi-tags from my dear friend, Lynn at Her Creative Spirit, I printed them onto cardstock and took them to the printer. After having several color copies of the original tags made, embellishing began. (If you'd like to see more or purchase some of Lynn's digi work, click here to go to her Etsy shop.)

Tag #2

I started by adding just a little distress ink around the edges and then edging the tag with a gold metallic marker. Then I got a little bolder and dabbed a little more distress ink around the edges, used Prismacolor pencils to "brighten" the image, and added some glitter for the "fluffy" effect on her muff and coat. I went "all out" on my last tag and added some flourishes with black Stazon ink and dots with the gold marker in addition to the previous additions.

Although these tags are so pretty "as is", it didn't take much time to make them my own, and they'll add a very special touch to my Holiday gifts. Thank you, Lynn, for helping to make my Holidays a bit merrier and lot easier too!!!

May your Holiday preparations be easy and fun!

18 comments:

Moniqui said...

Gorgeous tags! Pretty smart indeed!

Marilyn Rock said...

Terri; beautiful tags - so festive and lovely!

Audrey said...

Beautiful!
As a thank you for your freebies I want to sent you mine SPA, st. Nicholas. please sent me your adress, cwmmeijs@home.nl

gr, Audrey

Janine said...

Hard to say what I love more, the christmas- tags or the vintage- santa.
It is both so lovely and fairytale and vintage.
Awww

sharon said...

These are gorgeous Terri! I love the polka dots and fur.....Yummmmmm!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are absolutely gorgeous and I love the way they evolved.

thekathrynwheel said...

Nice work. Great tags :-)

A Dancing Mango said...

Hi Terri,
I just wanted to inform YOU and any of your Followers I am HOSTING A GIVE AWAY.. come see..
I WILL BE GIVING AWAY TWO 8 x 10" PRINTS!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
HUGS, Darlene xo

Birgit said...

Dear Terri, your tags are sooo beautiful. I immediately fell in love with they.
xoxo Birgit

BlueRidgeLady said...

I love these pretty pretty tags!! Adding your special touches brought them to life even more! I know you had fun doing them and whoever you give them to will receive a special piece of art from you!!

Taluula said...

Terri your tags are wonderful my friend. Absolutely beautiful.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Great advice from your dear sil ... Lynn's collage sheets are lovely and you've enhanced them SO artfully, Love the glittered fur and more!
oxo

indybev said...

Beautiful tags, Terri. The image is gorgeous, and you've featured her in great fashion.

Diana Evans said...

These are beautiful Terri!!! wow!!!! I need to go and make more things now!!!

you inspire everyone!!!

Lynn said...

I love what you did with my tags Terri, I knew you would make them look so YOU :)

LiveArt said...

Love how you work with your images Terri!! These are beautiful!!

Linda

Amy said...

Hi Terri..your tag's are a real holiday delight! I love the fine detail you see in everything. You make everything even more special!!

I just got some inks for the first time today..now I have to learn how to acutally use them-LOL!!

Trudi Sissons said...

Terri - absolutely beautiful! You've really made these special.
Thanks for the freebie!