December 2, 2009

"The Tree"

The Tree
Rockefeller Center
New York City


Radio City
Home of the Rockettes
(Click to enlarge these pictures!)

Tonight's the night! This is the night that's signals the official beginning of the Holiday Season and the Christmas countdown for me. Tonight's the night that they light the huge tree in Rockefeller Center.

For anyone who lives in the New York metropolitan area, this tree is the official symbol of the Season, so I thought I'd share it with you today. These pictures were taken a few years ago, when we went into the City on Christmas Eve. I only wish that they could convey the spirit of love and camaraderie that surround this gorgeous symbol.

May your day be filled with love and hope!


9 comments:

sharon said...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pictures with us Terri! I think they convey everything about the spirit of the season, and your blog and your sweet posts convey that to us all year! Hugs!!

Marilyn Rock said...

Thank you for sharing your photos with us Terri! This is magical really and gets us in a very peaceful yet festive state of mind. The best of holiday season to you and yours! xxoo

Amy said...

WOW...beautiful Terri..so pretty..what a nice thing to see and look forward to every Holiday. I'd love to see that...someday!! I've never been to New York...but would be fun to visit

Her Art Nest said...

Hi Terri,
Thanks for dropping by today and sharing your love of schnauzers! I too have owned five of them, and actually had three at one time. Your photos are simply wonderful. I love that tree! You are so lucky to see it annually, especially in your beautiful city! Happy Holidays.....Hugs, Nancy

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are a true photographer dear! The angles and lights are perfect. Blessings dear dear friend.

Janine said...

Hi Terry, these are so great photos. One day I wamt to see this with my own eyes,
Happy weekend
Janine

roc said...

omg...how gorgeous is that tree!

libbyquilter said...

amazingly beautiful photos~!~ thank you for sharing.

:)
libbyQ

Diana Evans said...

Hi Terri!!!! I just got your wonderful art in the mail!!! I am so excited to have it in my studio as inspiration ....I love the postcards too...you are so sweet!!! thank you so much...you really made my day!!!!

and I love NY and the huge tree at Rockefeller Center!!! it is so much fun to be there when they start all the Holiday decorations!!!

Hugsssssss
Diana