January 6, 2010

A Crowabout "New Year"

"Happy New Year!"
6"x6" Collage
(Click on the moon to see the details!)


After being on a five week break for the Holidays, Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout Challenge is baaa-ack! Whoo-Hoo and yippee! For those of us who love this group, it's been a very l-o-n-g hiatus. Suffice it to say, several group members mentioned bouts of Crowabout withdrawal symptoms!

If you're not familiar with this great challenge, every Saturday morning (US Eastern Time), Nancy posts a sheet of images to the group's Flickr. The Crowabout members must use at least three of those given images to create a collage which then gets uploaded to the Flickr Crowabout group page. (FYI - I've used approximately eight of this week's images.)

If you'd like to participate, just 'click' here and you'll be taken to Nancy's blog. Leave a message for her that you'd like to join in, and she'll send you the magic password to the Flickr site. It's an awesome group filled with talented artists, camaraderie, fun and good humor.

Hope that your day is filled with good art and good friends!


Credits: All images are from Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout Group except for the following. Little red heart and the blue/purple pieces in the side borders from Tumble Fish Studio - Etsy; butterflies - Dover Publications.

27 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG Terri this is absolutely outstanding. Your work is very inspiring. Love them.

Birgit said...

Wow! Wonderful once again, Terri!
xoxo Birgit

peppapig said...

Gorgeous collage Terri!!I haven't done a crowabout challenge in ages,gonna have to find the time lol.

Tracey@glitterbugstudios said...

What a colorful way to start the new year!!!! I am a member of her grup but never seem to find the time...I will try to do at least one every month!

Marilyn Rock said...

Terri; this is fabulous! I love everything about it - colors, composition, images - WOW! xxoo

Diane said...

Okay Terri, how much do I love this!! I'm going to have to go over to her blog.

Ro Bruhn said...

You're so prolific and everyone different, fabulous

Janine said...

Hi hi, I love your three beautys.
And their sexy underwear
Yur art allways brightens up my day.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

OH WOW Terri ~ This collage sings so beautifully! It is really splendid in every detail!!!
You always inspire!
oxo

Janny said...

This is great, I am happy we can play at crow about again;o)

sharon said...

Fabulous Terri!! Those great colors are back, and Mr. Moon!! Love it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your art never disappoints. When I saw this one, I laughed so hard. These gals really have ATTITUDE with a capital "A."

I may just have to join that group and challenge. Thanks so much for letting us know about it.

Taluula said...

Oooooh a truly gorgeous collage Terri. I must go and collect this week's sheet.

Melissa said...

Hey Terri, this is wonderly colorful and whimsical! I like how you used 8 of the elements for this week challenge!
Smiles-
Melissa

Sarah Anderson said...

What a fabulous collage!!! So full of colour. I came over from The Kathryn Wheel after seeing you were a blog candy winner so thought I'd visit and see your art. Now to visit Nancy's blog :)

Lori Saul said...

This is a wonderful, colorful collage Terri- thanks for the link to the Crowabout challenge!

indybev said...

Oh, Terri, your work is so inspiring for me! Your "construction" of borders always amazes me, and this trio of ladies is priceless. Well done, as always, my blog friend!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Such delight! they are wonderful dear friend. Have a blessed Thursday!

A Dancing Mango said...

Terri, this is wonderful.. and congrats on your work being published..
I saw that article.. and thought.."maybe next yr?"..
I am so happy for you and only can imagine how you feel..
See..?
PRINGLES RULE!!
silly me.. Darlene xo

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this collage! It is fun and happy. Full of color!

Lynne said...

Absolutely beautiful!
Lynne

Ozstuff said...

I can tell that you are happy to be back at the Crowabout because IT SHOWS!! Fantastic artwork. Superb.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love this Terri. It is wonderful! I might have to join this group. You have inspired me.

NancyB said...

Ah ha! So your the culprit behind massive emails in my inbox~! LOL Thank you dear friend...we have lots and lots of new members in the group now! Yay!!!!!! Really awesome work and totally love your "Royalty" piece and congrats on the publication! Lots of love and hugs! xoxo

Ineke van den Akker said...

A little bit late, but it's wonderful!

Lynn said...

Oh dear, I missed this one with taking a blog break, and it is absolutely fantabulous!!!!!!!! You really should send some more of your work to Somerset, they are always looking for cards to publish in their magazines, and I know they will publish your work :)
I havn't found of a copy of the issue you are in sweetie, I will keep looking or else I may have to order one online. There is no stopping you now.... rock n roll!!!

Audrey said...

Love it!