February 8, 2010

"Celebrate!"

"Celebrate!"
4"x6" Mixed Media Collage
(Click on a bird to see the details!)


I always love an opportunity to celebrate, so when I found out that Nancy Baumiller celebrated her Birthday this past weekend, I just had to use this week's collage images to send a ton of happy wishes to this beautiful Birthday girl. Here's to YOU, Nancy! Happy, Happy Birthday!

-------------------------

A Few Techniques

The images were sized in a photo editing program before being hand trimmed and glued to a piece of cardstock that was base painted with Golden acrylic paint. All of the images were color enhanced with Prismacolors and watercolors; and, white dots were sprinkled on the background with a white Sharpie poster paint pen. Additional color was added around the border with Panpastels.

Credits for the images are below, however, I tried something a little different on this piece. After making a few color copies of my past work, I selectively chose several groups of images, cut them out and added them to this new piece. I must admit - I'm very happy with the results of this experiment and will use this technique again.

Wishing you a day filled with celebrations of joy!

Credits: Most of the images are from Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout challenge (present and past) with special thanks to Briedah for furnishing this week's images. Special thanks to Tumble Fish Studio (Etsy) for the striped borders.

26 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Oooh this is beautiful :-) Fab colours. Thanks for sharing your technique. Kate x

Diane said...

Wonderful piece--I love everything that's going on!!

SuviAnniina said...

Really beautiful!!!

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful celebration of color and images Teri!

*jean* said...

gorgeoous!!!

Janny said...

Beautiful and sweet;o)

NancyB said...

Oh my! How sweet! Thank you so much Terri! Your art is always so colorful and inspiring! Have to show you a piece soon that was inspired by you! :O) xoxo

indybev said...

Outstanding birthday wishes for Nancy! Beautifully done with great effect!

Debby said...

Beautiful card, Teri.
debby

EraserQueen said...

Love the balloons around the head, what a fun celebrational artwork! Where do you find all of your great images?

Ozstuff said...

Terri, your painting/colouring technique is superb. Nancy B must be carried away with delight to receive such a greeting. Your collage is beyond scrumptious.

sharon said...

This is sheer joy to celebrate Nancy's birthday! How beautiful!

Amy said...

What a card of celebration!!! I love it..so many fabulous images to see. I really adore the bunny-so cute..great corner photo's! You always inspire and brighten my day!! Glad I came by to see this new piece Terri..blessings to you.

LiveArt said...

What a brilliant piece!! love the colours and the images and everything about it :) Loved reading about how you made it too!! keep up the good work Terri, you're such an inspiration :)

Linda

Peggy Alborn said...

Love, love, love this!

Cathy said...

so fun, and very sweet of you!

Julia said...

Fabulous! I love your style so much!

Marilyn Rock said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate! This is awesome. Thanks for sharing the technique with us! xxoo

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hey !! It was Nancy's Birthday ?
Thanks for the tip Terri !!
(I have to hop over to her blog :-)
And what a OUTSTANDING piece of ART !! Gosh....

Diana Evans said...

oh I love to celebrate too!!! this piece is beautiful Terri!!! gorgeous and so full of life...

Happy birthday to Nancy!!!

Hugs
Diana

whymsicalmusings said...

I LOVE this I so love the borders they make the whole piece just POP!
XXXOOO

peggyapl said...

great piece!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a birthday celebration you gave Nancy. You pack more into a single page without making it look cluttered than anyone I know. The color enhancements you made really helped the central image "pop." And cutting up your own work is a great way to enhance any page. This is simply stunning. I can't say it enough.

Lynn said...

Oooooooh Terri, this is so bright and just stunning, you never cease to amaze me :)

Janine said...

Dwear Terri,
even allthough it is ment as a birthday- card, it would make a great card for Karneval, the costume feast we are celebrating now in Germany.
I am sur you would love it, with all that crazy costumes and colours.
Your photos are beautiful too.
Have a great weekend
Janine

gaby braun said...

Love this and thanks for the explanation.