February 1, 2010

"Destiny's Child"

"Destiny's Child"
Digital Collage
(Click on the roses to see the details.)


After four long, agonizing days I have an operative computer and am back in business. Whoo-Hoo! Thank goodness for children. Who'd have known that we've raised (unknowingly but gratefully) a generation of computer geeks. My son guided us through the process of purchasing a new computer, helped to load the programs and lent a shoulder to cry on and his expertise when my entire digital music library disappeared. (Who knew that you can't transfer music easily from an IPhone back to the computer?!?)

I believe that every experience is an opportunity to learn, and I (unfortunately) learned a lot about computers as a result of this catastrophic crash. If I might impart some words of wisdom, please back up your files religiously! The derriere you save just might be your own!

Having everything crash and burn was devastating, and loading everything into the new computer was extremely time consuming; but, I didn't loose an entire body of work. And THAT is a true blessing.

(If you'd like to snag a sweet "Destiny" freebie, you can click here and it will take you to a previous post.)
---------------

"One World One Heart"
Reminder

Many of us have been riding the magic carpet, discovering fabulous new blogs, making new friends and entering generous giveaways along the way. Many thanks to Lisa for organizing this wonderful event. At last count, over 800 participating blogs were listed on her site, "A Whimsical Bohemian". Click here to go there and find the list of participants in the sidebar.

My OWOH Giveaway can be found here. To enter, please leave a comment on that post only no later than February 13. The lucky winners will be announced on February 15.

Hope that your computer never crashes & burns!

22 comments:

Janine said...

What would we, the comunity of Blog-addictedPeople do without computer.
Destanys child looks so sad.
I guess she is sick and tired of winter.
She should come over for the Karneval- celbration (hihi).
Have a great wek my friend.
And thank you for all your dear comments
janine

Jamie said...

Terri she looks so sweet as a red head! I never imagined her with beautiful red hair:) Thank you so much for using her in this beautiful collage!!

I am so sorry to hear about your crash. I never do it, but my husband runs a computer consultng company and he backs everything up on all the computers in the house weekly. If it weren't for him I would be in BIG trouble! LOL!! Love, Jamie

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Terri, you poor dear. I just hate it when computers crash! I didn't know you were dealing with such nasty issues! I learned a while back that YOU NEED TO HAVE a hard drive backup!
We were fortunate when our computer crashed-we had someone recover all our files, including my 1000+ photo collection and image files. WHEW!
But it was a close enough incident that I purchased a backup hard drive to back EVERYTHING up regularly.
Good luck with your new computer.
And by the way---Your new digital collage is FABULOUS! I just love it!

paperbird said...

Lovely blog you have.

Lori Saul said...

Lovely digital collage Terri, love the contrasting color elements- sorry to hear about your computer problems- I always go into a panic! But we do learn and become better from these setbacks- have a great day!

Diane said...

What would we do without our computers--they connect us to everything--what did we do before them--I can't even remember!!

Kathy McCullen said...

Sounds like you've really had a rough time, Terri, but I'm so lad your son could help you out. What I'm MOST glad of is that you're back in business. I missed you!

Debby said...

Silly computers, they sure can be frustrating. I love your Destiny's Child, beautiful work.
debby

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Having gone through the same headache awhile back, I can totally relate. Unfortunately, I didn't raise any computer literate children and Bleubeard is worthless when it comes to transferring files. I'm happy you didn't lose anything, or at least not anything important.

May I also advise to keep up with the technology. I had everything backed up, but on zip disks which were not compatible (or the drive) with my new computer. So my back ups are now worthless.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

And of course I got so wrapped up in my story, I forgot to tell you how utterly lovely your digital collage is. That little girl image is amazing, and I like how she sticks out from the colorful background.

Birgit said...

Thank God! That was certainly a gigantic work, Terri. How much we're dependent on our PCs.
xoxo Birgit

Hanne said...

Great piece! Love the little girl!
Hanne

Bunty said...

I know just what you mean about computers and backing up work religiously. We lost all the stuff on our hard disc last year when it died and I was devastated! However, it was a wake up call and we now do more regular back ups.

I love your little Destiny - she is gorgeous!

Barbara

Diana Evans said...

oh what a beautiful collage Terri!!! and I have to agree with you totally!!! Backing up last year saved me and all of my hard work....now I back up on two external drives...a back up for a back up!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs
Diana

Marilyn Rock said...

Glad you're back! Yes; the youths really can help us out with the tech troubles. Love your digital work! Beautiful! xxoo

Melissa said...

Glad you're back in the land of blogging! I need to take your advice and back up my things!
Smiles-
Melissa

sharon said...

Your blog is looking great, sooo glad your back! And thanks for the great advice!

Amy said...

she really pops here! I Love her on the black and rustic vintage. Her pastel cheeks shine. I love this girl so much..she's such a little charmer wherever she is!
love it Terri

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Really LOVE what you've created Terri! it really draws one in!!!

Congrats on being up and running again ... we really are lost without our computers, aren't we!!!
oxo

Janny said...

Glad you are back, great collage! Take care!

Lynn said...

Hi sweetie, I just backed up my computer today :) I keep thinking about you and your crash and all you had to go through and I just couldn't deal with something like that right now.
I love this digital art too, it's so different for you, not the usual bright colors, and I am so happy to see you branching out into other styles, it never hurts does it? You are doing amazing with your digital work, I hope things calm down so you can follow the rest of the projects, I have really learned so much from them and I know you will too :)

Trudi Sissons said...

Perfect ! I love how you've left the roses 'underneath' - what a treat to visit your blog - I'm enjoying a little surf about today...finally. It's such a treat to see what you've been doing. Your blog is always a favorite!