March 19, 2010

A Duchess & A Thank You!


A PNG File
For Your Artful Pleasure
and

A JPEG Too!

Everything about this lovely woman, whom I shall call "The Duchess", whispers "romance" to me. If I close my eyes and listen, I can hear the rustle of her silk gown and smell the faint odor of damask rose perfume left in her wake.
------------------------

Thank you, Diane!

I just love surprises! And last week my very talented and creative friend, Diane at My Art Journal, surprised me with this lovely award. Diane creates some of the most gorgeous little art boxes you've ever seen, well worth a blog visit when you have an opportunity. Thank you, Diane, for this lovely award.

Now I get to reveal seven things about myself, so here goes!
  1. I love my sweet little dog even though she's a Diva! There's nothing better than a "fur baby".
  2. First thing in the morning, I NEED my coffee - 1st thing!!! Can't function without it. (I'm sooo not a morning person!)
  3. I decorate my house for every holiday. It started when my children were small, but now that they're grown, I do it because it makes me smile.
  4. When I was a child, the first movie I remember seeing was "Cinderella". I was enthralled with the animation and wanted to "draw for Disney" when I grew up.
  5. I love watching the play of light - on anything - water, walls, hills, etc. It's mesmerizing.
  6. Fountains - LOVE them! Love everything about them. Love the sound of water dancing and splashing and the sight of a rainbows reflected in a million prismatic water drops. Fountains soothe my spirit.
  7. Gardens - love them too! I enjoy the entire gardening process. I love the feel of the sun on my neck and the scent of Mother Earth. I like getting my hands dirty, and I love sitting down with a cool drink when my gardening is finished for the day. Gardens teach me about patience and bless me with peace and joy.
Hope you have day filled with peace!

32 comments:

A Dancing Mango said...

Terri, What a cool, beautiful and serene post!
Thank you.. I will add her to my website..!
Hugs, Darlene

thekathrynwheel said...

Great photo, thank you :-) And congrats on the award! I sympathise with you on the morning front - I'm not a morning person either!

Janny said...

Great post an congrats, you deserve it;o)

jocelyne said...

Thank you for this gorgeous freebie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The freebie is wonderful. It shows how thoughtful you are. I also got the same award from Diane. What an honor she bestowed on us.

Christine said...

Thanks for generousity :-) Have a sweet weekend

Christine said...

Woups forgot a "your" there. Please insert :-)
Really loved your seven facts btw :-)

Janine said...

Dear Terri, I allways love to learn more about my blog- companions.
It was so nice to read your post.
Congratulations to the award
Cheers
Janine

Healing Woman said...

Terri,

Thanks so much for the beautiful Lady. I'm sure I'll have fun using her for something in the future.

Ozstuff said...

Terri, thank you so much for your beautiful duchess. You will probably be horrified to know that I am already planning big things for her. Steampunk and a Duchess? Watch this space.

SuviAnniina said...

Beautiful image,thank you for sharing <3

Lynn said...

Ohhhhh Terri, I can hear the ruffle of her dress too, she is beautiful :)
Happy Friday, hope you have a great weekend, and thank you for the Duchess.

sharon said...

Thank you for the beautiful image Terri! And thanks for sharing about yourself....I am just like you!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Thank you for sharing "the Duchess" with us dear Terri!
She IS a beauty! Loved your imagery to go along with her too!
Africian tea rose oil just happens to be my fragrance of choice these days ;)
Lots of fun reading about you, thank you for sharing that too!
Garden time is drawing near! ahh spring!!!
oxo

Taluula said...

Oh thank you for a super cool image to play with and congratulations on your lovely award.

Martina2801 said...

Thank you, dear Terri!
What a beautiful freebie.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs
Martina :-)

Lori Saul said...

A beautiful image Terri and thank you. Have a great weekend!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

So regal and fun! Have a great weekend. Blessings.

Birgit said...

Wow Terri! What a spring like new layout. Beautiful!
The Durchess ist simply so beautiful.
Wish you a very nice beginn of spring, Terri. Have a good weekend.
xoxo Birgit

Debby said...

Thank you Terri! She is just beautiful. Congrats on your award, you so deserve it.
Hugs,
Debby

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you for the pretty lady!! Loved reading more about you and I have determined that I love everything you love! I also can't function without that first cup of coffee, but ohhh isn't it soooo good when we get it!!

Trudi Sissons - Two Dresses Studio said...

Thanks AGAIN Terri - the lighting on this image is beautiful - like the sun is shining down on her - I hope that's true for you too this weekend!

Marilyn Rock said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful image. Congratulations on the well-deserved award! xxoo

ShabbyChicShaz said...

thank you for the duchess, I'm inspired by her, so many possibilities, so little time...

Elizabeth Golden said...

What a beautiful image!!! I am going to have to find the perfect setting for the duchess. I am with you water and gardens make me so happy and feel so alive. I hope you have a glorious day Terri!

susi said...

Hi Terri! Love the duchess and congrats on the award! I will need to find a special way to display her! I hope you are enjoying our wonderful weather. Hopefully spring will stick around for a while before the heat starts!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the lovely free duchess image!
Chris T

Tracey@glitterbugstudios said...

congrats on the award terri! So nice to learn more about you. We do have something in common...coffee! I drink it morning, noon, & night! But I do not like to garden. I wish I did though...

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Thanks for sharing this image as well as a little more about yourself!

The Rustic Victorian said...

She is a beauty,,reminds me of a Southern Belle kind of. What a Dress....nice to have so much in common, except I am a cat person! :)
Love
Marcie

Linda L. said...

Thank you so much, she is lovely.

Suze said...

Beautiful image, thank you