March 28, 2010

Treasures & Thanks!

Thank You, Lorraine!
(Click to see the details!)

A few weeks ago, my friend, Lorraine from Creative Daily sent an email and asked if I would like to trade a handmade charm. Of course I said: "Yes!", immediately and sent my charms off to British Columbia, Canada.

Last week the postman left an embarrassment of riches in my mailbox! When I opened Lorraine's envelope, I found that I was the very lucky recipient of not only a hand made charm, but this lovely hand-stamped and sewn muslin envelope, containing a gorgeous mixed-media piece.

Lorraine is a very talented and creative mixed media artist and instructor, and this piece truly showcases her diversity and fabulous work.

Just look at all of that luscious lace, the sweet transfer and all of the wonderful details. And, of course, there's was my awesome handmade charm. A sweet little gift unto itself!

But that's not all . . . there was another hand painted, hand sewn envelope containing a beautiful handmade card too.

My heartfelt "thanks" to Lorraine for her kindness and generosity. I am very grateful for all of these lovely treasures, but most of all, I'm thankful for our friendship. If you have an opportunity, stop by her blog, Creative Daily, to say "Hello!" Lorraine is truly an inspiration!

Thank you, too, to my followers for leaving all of the fabulous comments this past week. It takes time to leave each comment, and I truly appreciate your taking time from your busy schedules. Your sweet words always make my heart sing with gratitude and appreciation.

May your day be filled with love and friendship!

16 comments:

Lori Saul said...

These are amazing Terri and I checked out Lorraine's blog- thank you for a link to another wonderful artist and thanks for you lovely comment on my blog
Take care,
Lori!

Malisa said...

Amazing gifts! You are one lucky woman and Lorraine is one talented woman!

Lovey said...

Beautiful! Love the lace and trims! Awesome Transfer!!

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Terri, I am so touched by your generous post and comments. When I started blogging last spring, I never anticipated the friendships that have resulted. Here is to many more years of friendship. I'm going to look forward to our "in person" meeting one day! Thank you so VERY much.

sharon said...

Gorgeous treasures Terri! Lorraine is incredible. I won her OWOH giveaway, a bundle of fabrics that she made, and I told her they are so gorgeous part of me doesn't want to use them, AND, a fabric collage also! She is incredibly talented and generous, and I am so glad that we have all become such a beautiful community of artists that share this with each other. Your generosity and kindness has come back to you, and always will!

Diana Evans said...

oh wow Terri!!!! these are beautiful!!!! I will have to check out more of her work....

you are pretty lucky to enjoy such sweet gifts!!!

Hugs
Diana

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Terri. When I came to your blog, it was over an hour ago. Then I clicked on Lorraine's blog and nearly fell over. I'm definitely going to be back to her blog again and again.

The pieces you received from Lorraine are stunning. I know you will appreciate and cherish them for years to come.

Healing Woman said...

Terri I did the same thing Elizabeth did. I left your blog to go to Lorraine's and spent quite a while there..left there and bought a book she recommended. She is really an amazing artist and I love her videos.
Thankyou so much for referring me to her.

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful Terri! Lorraine is very talented; I can see. Thanks for sharing with us. xxoo

Janine said...

What a lovely letter. These envelopes are wonderful, and all those treasures.
Great!
But by the way, your charms are beautiful aswell!!
Cheers
Janine

Debby said...

OH my, so many beautiful treasures, how fun to share your art. Thanks for sharing with us.
Debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Gorgeous treasures, so richly deserved by special you Terri!
Off to check out Lorraine's blog
Happy Monday dear friend!
oxo

Lori said...

Lorraine is a very talented artist,(you are too) I visit her daily, since OWOH. You are so fortunate to receive one of her pieces, just exquisite!

Taluula said...

This is an awesome set of gifts Terri, you lucky lady. :O)

Thanks also for the link to Lorraine's blog.

Christine said...

Wauw. Lucky you :-) This is absolutely gorgeous :-)

Amy said...

WOW..stunning pieces..love all the different texture's. I love the handmade envelope as well..it's all wonderful Terri. I can see why you are beyond excited to see all of this!