April 27, 2010

Art Mail Swap & A New Place to Shop

Tea Envelope
Front
(Click on a butterfly to see the details!)

Nothing makes my day happier than opening my mailbox to find art mail from friends. So when my art group decided to swap art envelopes with a "tea theme" for an April exchange, I had to participate.

Envelope Back
(Click on a rose to see the details!)

My envelope was made from watercolor paper painted with Golden fluid acrylics (applied with a baby wipe), a bit of stenciling, and a lot of colorful characters - each one printed and carefully trimmed before being glued into position. I hope it brings a smile to my swap partner's day!

***************
Announcing . . . . .
A New Digital & Mixed Media Shop!

I'm pleased as punch and giddy with delight to announce that I've been asked by Marsha Jorgensen to join her Tumble Fish Studio Creative Team at a new artistic community and digital art shop, DeviantScrap.com. If you're into scrapbooks or mixed-mixed media collage, you'll love this awesome, new site. (FYI - the little kitty on the front of my envie is wearing one of Tumble Fish Studio's colorful crowns.)

Stop by to wish Hollie Haradon and Marsha Jorgensen well, join the forum, participate in a challenge or just browse and treat yourself to some of their awesome "Freebies". And if you experience a bit of difficulty with the site, please don't fret. Initially, there were some opening day server "crashes", but the fairies and elves worked overtime to fix the glitches! Hopefully they found and fixed them all. You can click here to visit. You'll be happy you did!

May you have many opportunities to smile today!


Credits: Special thanks to The Graphics Fairy for the tea cup and to Dover Publications for the lady, the kitty (on the front), the wings and the butterflies.  Thank you to Normal Frances-Flickr for the scalloped border and to Paperscraps-Flickr, for the nest and the orange wings. Additional thanks to MudBay Images for the cute pups and kitty, and to ArtsyFartsyQueen-Flickr for the crown.The top hat is from the "SteamPunk" collection at Scrapartist.com - Elements1 by SherrieJD. Thanks also to TumbleFishStudio - DeviantScrap.com for the funky crown on the kitty, and to Nancy B. at Crowabout for the word art and little heart in a box. Roses are from the public domain.

20 comments:

FILIGREE MOON said...

Fabulous artwork! ~ Angela

sharon said...

Congrat's and a big woooohooo to you Terri! You are on fire, and you will make a wonderful team, your work is fabulous!!
I love your envie, and now I am sorry I didn't do this challenge this month!!

Dorthe said...

Terri,
your envelope is a wonderfull fairytale, love it.
xo Dorthe

Diane said...

Thank you Terri--I'll stop over, and Dorthe is right--your envelope does look like a fairytale.

Debby said...

Gorgeous envy and love the new shop.
debby

Taluula said...

Oh Terri, congratulations on becoming part of Marsha's team.

Your envelope is gorgeous with such fabulous artwork and I love that you share your technique too.

Healing Woman said...

Terri I love everything about Deviant Scrap..congrats again on job well done! Your envelope is grand.

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Fabulous mail art! Congrats being on Marsha's team. Am heading over to shop now....

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

BIG Congratulations dear Terri!
You and Marsha are perfect teammates!
Lovely envelope = WOWEE!
oxo

terri d. said...

HUGE CONGRATS on the CT Terri!! can't wait to see what you create. this envy is awesome. the richness of the colors plus all the fun things going on in the collage. what a surprise the recipient will get when she opens her mailbox.

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful artwork - this is delightful- love the crowns and other wonderful elements- I checked out Deviant Scraps and it is terrific - I bookmarked it. Thank you for the link!

Cathee said...

Love the color! it is really eyecatching...

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi Terri - well, wonders never cease! I am actually, FINALLY, out and about and visiting my long lost blog buddies! And, I picked a perfect day to visit with that beautiful tea envie! I envy your envie! hee hee I've seen it before, but let me tell you that is one very gorgeous piece of work that I could look at all day long. It is just so smack full of color and rich detail. As Sharon said, YOU ARE ON FIRE and you have been for awhile - you're an inferno of creativity and inspiration and talent!

Trudi Sissons - Two Dresses Studio said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Terri! What I wouldn't do to have an envelope like this!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on being a design member. You deserve it. Your art made from digital images is amazing. Not only are you super creative, you have an awesome printer.

Love that over the top envelope, too. Someone will be super happy (and lucky).

susi said...

congrats to you! you certainly deserve it - you will be a perfect compliment for Marsha. by the way - love the envelope!!!!!

Amy said...

really gorgeous envelope!! It's a piece of art by itself..I'd be afraid to open it

Melissa said...

Hi Terri!
Congrats on becoming part of Marsha's team. Can't wait to see what you'll create. What a great evelope too!
Smiles-
Melissa

Elizabeth Golden said...

Congrats! I read this post last week and went to the sight and I think I bought just about everything. You were definitely my enabler. I can not wait to see what you talented ladies come up with next!!!

LiveArt said...

Fantastic envelopes dear Terri :) And a million congrats and best wishes for joining their wonderful team :) I'm so happy for you and you totally deserve it!! It's always a great pleasure and inspiration to visit your blog to see your wonderful work and You'll most definately be a big asset for the deviant scrapteam :) You go girl!! I've had a look at their shop and it looks awesome!! ¨

Big hug, smiles and cheers,
Linda