April 11, 2010

Creative Technology

"Vintage Roses"
After

I love photography. I love taking pictures. I love editing them and playing in my digital programs. I love looking at pictures on other blogs, etc., etc. By now, you've got the picture (pardon the pun-LOL!).

Generally, I'm not in the habit of endorsing any type of product on my blog. However, when my sweet husband gifted me with an IPhone almost a year ago, I had no idea of the creative fun I could have with my photos and easy-to-use technology right at my fingertips.


Before

While passing through my local grocery, I spied these beautiful roses and snapped a quick picture with my camera phone. With tons of inexpensive and free apps available, I've turned my IPhone into an on-the-go lab and darkroom. I can manipulate and experiment to my heart's content anytime and anywhere.

If you're "into" photography and have an IPhone, it's well worth paying a visit to the Apple store to check out the photography apps. For the record, these photos were downloaded directly from my phone - absolutely no editing was involved. The IPhone's camera quality doesn't equal my DSLR or smaller, carry-about camera; however, it's always handy and available allowing me to capture and create quickly.

Hope you have a creative day!

19 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Oh I had to check out these beautiful reds before signing out for the evening- what fantastic photos from your phone -another source for your endless creativity!

peggy gatto said...

Now you must know I love this!!!!!!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, fantastic. Me thinks I'm not getting the most out of my Iphone when I see things like this! Beautiful :-)

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful and I love how you altered the roses with your photography skills and Iphone! WOW! xxoo

Diane said...

Beautiful photograghy, Terri, and from a phone?!--who would have thought this 10 years ago!

Jana said...

Gorgeous.

sharon said...

You are amazing Terri! This is gorgeous!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's a sad commentary when a PHONE takes better photos than a camera (well, the one I use, anyway). It's good to know that you are constantly creating, regardless of the medium or situation. Way to go.

Ro Bruhn said...

What a gorgeous photo. I always have a small camera in my bag, I never think to use my phone, I must give it a go.

Debby said...

WOW!!! They are stunning.

Healing Woman said...

Terri, thanks for the info on the IPhone. I don't have one yet but plan to invest in one soon. After seeing your beautiful photos, I may move the phone up on my want list.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Well I adore what you've done with those roses Terri!
You are light years ahead of me in technology ... you go girl! ;)
I forgot my camera when we went into Wash DC over the weekend ... Horrors!!! Did learn how to take a couple pics with my cell phone, but have no idea how to get them out of there LOL
Lucky for me there are people in the house (Mr Magpie) who do know a few things!
Happy Monday!
oxo

Kathy said...

I really had NO idea you could create such beautiful photos with a phone! Amazing, Terri. Thanks for sharing.

Taluula said...

It's amazing how you can take such beautiful photos with a phone. Your ability to stretch the creative boundaries .......... mmmmmm are well, boundless. You are so creative and so clever Terri. Kudos to you.

BlueRidgeLady said...

This pretty picture caught my eye right away! The IPhone takes such pretty pictures, and how cool that you have to program apps on there to edit too! Gorgeous!!!

Lynn said...

Who would have thought you could do all that on a phone, although I hear that the iphone is rather special. This is beautiful Terri, now you can be creative all the time :)

linda said...

Oh lovely...I think it's great to alter and do whatever you want to get that feeling for the final piece...beautiful altered photo :)

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love love love these roses and what you did with them!!

Diana Evans said...

oh wow!!! this is so cool...what a difference...