April 4, 2010

Teesha Journal & "Tagged"

Cathy's Page
4 1/2" x 5 1/2 "
(Click on the heart to see the details!)


A few weeks ago, I told you about a "Teesha Moore style art journal" round robin that I'm participating in with a few art group friends. Each artist made a journal from Fabriano watercolor paper; and after completing the covers, etc., we send it on to the next artist in the group. That artist completes another page, and then sends it on to the next name on the list - until the circle of exchange has been completed and our filled journal is "home".

This is my very first page in the series, and it's the first time I've done work in a journal other than my own. At first it was more than a little scary, but it's great fun and and an awesome challenge too. More pages will be coming soon!

---------------
Tagged!

About a week ago, my very creative and talented friend, Tracey from Glitterbug Studios tagged me. The challenge said to go to go to my first art file, then to the first picture file and then post the 10th picture. Here's my answer to Tracey's challenge. It's a postcard that was created for a Sunday Postcard Art "black and white" challenge. Loving color the way that I do, it was definitely a challenge to do a black and white card.

Hope you challenge yourself today!


Credits: Thanks to Marsha - Tumblefish Studio Etsy for the bottom border. Image of the woman was clipped from a magazine. Special thanks to Nancy Baumiller - Crowabout for many of the remaining images.

20 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Happy Easter to you Terri- hope you had a great day. A beautiful "Teesha -type" page that is wonderfully infused with your own style for sure and your black and white piece is really stunning to me (sometimes I love the absence of color) - the content is deep and stands out more- both are superb my friend!

Barbara Hagerty said...

Beautiful and fun journal page!!

Diana Evans said...

Happy Easter Terri!!! hope you enjoyed the Holiday with family and friends...I love this journal page!!! so beautiful...your work always inspires!!!

Hugs
Diana

peggy gatto said...

great page!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again you have made a "Teesha style" page your own. Your art never disappoints and I know that Cathy will be thrilled when she sees it. I was especially struck by all the pen work you did on it. Simply gorgeous. And of course the black and white page, so unlike your style, yet so well done.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Dezinaworld said...

Hi Terri, wow you always manage to stun me my friend. these are both superb. beautiful beautiful pieces.
hugs June xxxxx

Healing Woman said...

I'm a little confused on the round robin journals. Who keeps the journal in the end? I guess the person who starts it. Lucky woman!
Your page looks great.

Debby said...

WOW!! Your Teesha page is awesome and I love your tagged art. Gorgeous!
Debby

*jean* said...

your page is so sweet & whimsical...love it! can't wait to see more!

Lori said...

Both of these are just stunning pieces, Terri! Love the way you did the colors on the first!

Martina2801 said...

Terri, this piece is so fantastic!! I have no words enough to say how I love this! BRAVISSIMO!!!!:-)

Muse said...

Lucky the person who receives your journal page! It is a delight, with lots of scrumptious little details. Love the black and white piece too, my talented friend!

Hanne said...

Really beautiful and fun journal piece. Love this Terri!
Hugs Hanne

Marilyn Rock said...

Terri! Happy Easter and your journal page is amazing! I just love it! Your art is so inspiring and so are you! xxoo

LiveArt said...

What a wonderful page you've made:) your combination of images, colours and text is awesome as always :) Pure eyecandy my friend. I also love your black and white piece, and I can understand how challenging it must have been for you not to use colours, your art beeing so colourful. I had a huge challenge myself a few weeks ago trying to make monochrome cards, phew :))

Take care Terri,
Linda

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Gorgeous eye candy and creations for us as always Terri!
Both pieces are wonderful!
oxo

Kimmie said...

fun fun round robin and game of tag :)
don't you just love all the playtime we have?
grownups shrownups - bah!

p.s. you won in my "2 4 T" giveaway :)
reach me at: milepost7@clearwire dot net

Amy said...

amazing work Terri..the colors and image's are wonderful to see here. I adore the moon man..he's so cute and I adore your black and white as well..

Kathy said...

It is WONDERFUL! The texture in these whites is just lovely. I like all your new work and the Zetti journal sounds like so much fun. It's totally impossible forme to work in neutrals and I'm amazed by what you did. When I take away color, I've just got nothing! Aren't blog friends the best when it comes to inspiration? You've always been so encouraging and supportive of me, and I look forward to my every visit to your blog.

Love,
Kathy

Tracey@glitterbugstudios said...

Don't know how I missed this post! I am so used to always seeing you use the most vibrant & juicy colors in your collages that I would have never guessed that B&W was yours. Just goes to show you can do much more than just color! Thanks for participating in my tag!xoxo Tracey