April 25, 2010

A "Thank You" & A "Tag"!

A Lovely Surprise!

A few weeks ago, my dear friend, Amy from Such A Wondrous Place This Faerytale Space, celebrated a Birthday. So I put together a little package of goodies and sent it to her along with many wishes for the happiest of days. Imagine my surprise, when I went to my mailbox and found a package from her!


How generous of Amy to send this pretty packed filled with wondrous things! The tiny magic bottle, trimmed with a delicate butterfly and filled (I'm sure) with magic fairy dust will make a wonderful charm, and the pretty crystal beads are so sparkly. Oh, how they catch the light!


As it that weren't enough, Amy included a fantastic pair of pink crystal earrings. When I'm wearing them I feel surrounded by her caring and love. Thank you, Sweet Amy, for your generosity and kindness. If you'd like a respite from your busy day, her posts are always filled with serenity, wisdom and love. You can visit Amy by clicking here.

***************
Tagged!

  
My friend, Kimmie from Art In Red Wagons, challenged me with an interesting tag. She told me to revisit my 10th post. Holy Cow - That's going back quite a bit!  I dug through my archives and found my 10th post, written in February 2009, about painting a bunny on a play table for my grand daughter.


If you'd like to read more about it, you can revisit my original blog post by clicking here. Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane, Kimmie!

Hope that your day is filled with wonderful surprises and happy memories!

14 comments:

sharon said...

Terri! Oh how I love that bunny! When my daughter was small she had a small collection of Peter Rabbit things, and I still adore them, I think they are magical!
What a lovely package you received from Amy...enjoy! The blog is a beautiful place of caring!

Debby said...

What a beautiful gift and the rabbit is sweet.
debby

Ozstuff said...

Thanks for sharing your package with your blog friends. What a wonderful surprise. I love your Peter Rabbit pictures. I am reluctant to go back and see what I was creating all those moons ago but yours stand the test of time.
The crochet work and beads in your package reminded me of jug covers made by my mother. These were very complicated circular crocheted centres with "star" points protruding from the main lacework. At the end of each point a glass bead was sewn - as a decoration no doubt but also to provide weight so that the cover stayed on the jug. It was obviously not "cool" to place a water or juice jug on a table unless suitably covered.

Diane said...

The bunny is wonderful!!! And what a special friend you have!!

Lori Saul said...

What a great bunny- I love the vintage illustration style and how nice to have received such a thoughtful 'surprise' in the mail. The mail can sometimes bring joy instead of bills. Have a great day and thanks for yoyr kind comments as always!.
Lori

julie Haymaker thompson said...

Soft spring colors!! AHHHH spring is here in the desert too!!! Last night on my walk a came accross a great horned owl Baby!! it was his first night out of the nest. We have been looking an waitng to see him for a while I feel blessed and that is was such a good omen that he showed himself to us. Mom and Dad kept hooting messages to him higher up and out of site in the next tree.

Sue said...

A very lovely package of treasures to receive, and I love the tag made from the bunny you painted awhile back. Blog people are so special!

Sue:)

Marilyn Rock said...

A beautiful gift, in return, Terri! Love the rabbit - so sweet!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Well aren't you the lucky gal. That fairy dust and those earrings are super. Amazing what a bit of kindness will get you with friends from the internet.

I think that tenth post idea is pretty decent. I saw it on Pat's blog Sunday or ??? I've been away so much this last week, I'm not even sure I know what day today is. But I still hope it's a happy and art filled one for you, dear friend.

Diana Evans said...

oh what fun Terri!!! I love the bunny painting you did for your Granddaughter...how sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

love your great gifts in the mail too....

Have a wonderful day...

Hugs
Diana

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Lovely gifts that you so richly deserve dear Terri!
Your rabbit painting is so precious, I'm off to check out your 10th post.
oxo

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

What a fun surprise! And thanks for you words of encouragement! I 'bawled like a baby' a lot last week! Getting thru it though!

Kimmie said...

I love your bunny painting :)
I painted Benjamin Bunny on my daughter's dresser a few years ago :)
Thanks for playing Terri!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

It gives me great joy to give a bit of light to you! Thanks for being the spirit you are. Blessings friend.