May 21, 2010

My Mailbox & A Freebie


Found in my Mailbox!
It's been a very busy month for my postman, and I am very blessed to have received a wonderful assortment of goodies. Do you remember my Zetti Kitty postcard and the vibrant, red tea-themed envelope? Both of those pieces were mailed to my partners, and I received these two awesome pieces in return. A very special "Thank You!" to my swap partners. You brightened my day with color and creativity!

***************
Thank You, Jean!
(Click on each picture to see the details!)
 
Roving

A while ago, my amazingly talented friend Jean at Bluebirds Living in the Meadow posted a video tutorial on making the most adorable flowers embellished with felted and beaded centers. I was absolutely enchanted. You can see Jean's excellent tutorial if you click here.

More Goodies!

Imagine my delight when I received a package stuffed to the brim with everything I need to make my own flowers - silky roving as soft as a thistle in all of the colors of the rainbow, a fabulous assortment of glittery beads and sequins and even some flower bases. But that wasn't all . . .

An ATC Too!

Jean also sent this gorgeous ATC with a hand sewn transparency! Stunning! Thank you, Sweet Jean, for your kindness and generosity. I am absolutely thrilled and delighted with all of your goodies and thoughtfulness.

***************
Thank You, Patty!

An Unexpected Pleasure!

When my husband came in with the mail and dropped a package on my desk from my very creative friend, Patty at Magpie's Nest, I was thoroughly surprised. What could it be, I wondered!

Perfection!

I didn't have to wait very long to see Patty's gorgeous handmade heart, embellished with one of her handmade nests and filled with sweet, scented lavender. Thank you, Sweet Patty, for your wonderful gift. What a treasure! As I held it in my hand and felt your love, I admired every little detail in wonder. But that isn't all!

Hand Sewn Flowers

Patty enclosed a sweet little package of her lovely handmade flowers. (Notice that one has a felted, beaded center. Looks as though Jean has influenced a few of us this spring!) Two flowers are made of organdy ribbon with stitches so tiny and exquisite, a Fairy Queen would be proud to wear them. And then there was one more surprise tucked inside . . . .

Zentangled Note

Last but not least I found Patty's terrific Zentangled note. Her Zentangles are magnificent! Patty, My Beautiful Friend, thank you, thank you. You've touched my heart with your kindness and generosity of spirit. You can visit Patty by clicking here.

My heartfelt and humble "thanks", Dear Friends, for your generosity, thoughtfulness and love. I am thrilled beyond measure with your lovely art, gifts and sentiments.  Most of all, I am very blessed and grateful for your friendship.

***************
Your Freebie

 Your PNG File
and . . .

 Your JPEG!

May your day be filled with love and the joy of friendship!

Credit: This image was altered and extracted from a postcard that, to my knowledge, is in the public domain.

23 comments:

Audrey said...

Thanx! Have a nice weekend!

Amy said...

WOW..you did get alot of FUN Mail!!! I love fun art mail it's the best. I love having art friends..they are the most generous friends around! I love what you all got. So many fun and creative goodies. You deserve them Terri..have fun with your beads and flower making kit! Have a good weekend too

Diane said...

What awesome mail you get!! Everything is just so beaufiful--great photos you took too!

Lynn said...

Ooooo looks like you have been spoiled this week too, and you so deserve it :) I love the little heart sachet Patty made you and of course her dainty little flowers and note card, and what a treat Jean sent, I wanted to try that tutorial too :)
I also love the artwork from your partners, so COOL!!!!

PS.. now you have some roving, we can both do some needle felting :)

Lynn said...

I forgot something... thank you for the freebie :)

I also wanted to say how beautiful your photographs are, very pretty presentation of your gifts.

Happy Weekend
Lynn

whymsicalmusings said...

Terri oh my goodness! I can't think of anyone more deserving than you. This is just wonderful! Congratulations!
XXXXX
Becky

Healing Woman said...

Great assortment! You will have so much fun with these items.

Thanks for the freebie too!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, you certainly received some fabulous mail :-)

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

How sweet and lovely a post this is dear Terri! You are such a kind and giving person, I wanted in some small way to thank you for that!
You will have fun creating Jean's flowers I am sure! they can be addictive...
Wishing you and yours a very happy weekend!
oxo

Ophelia said...

Wow...awesome! What fabulous treasures!!

sharon said...

It's like Christmas Terri!!! Everything is gorgeous!! Happy weekend and thanks for the freebie as always!

Debby said...

Love all of your beautiful treasures, so fun to get great mail.
Debby

Sue said...

You have received a lot of awesome
things in the mail...what fun to receive and fun for us to see. Thank you so much for sharing with us, and also for the links you included.

Thank you for the freebie too!

Hugs,

Sue

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

WOW, what a stash!

Marilyn Rock said...

What a wonderful mail day! Thanks for sharing. What beautiful things! Also; thank you for the freebie offering - as always! xxoo

Diana Evans said...

Holy smokes Terri!!! what a wonderful and packed post today!!! I love all of your amazing things in the mail!!! I wish my postman had the same problem!! lol....

and you piece is wonderful and your freebies are so sweet as always...you are amazing!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Hugs
Diana

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I see Miss Kitty found a new home. You have some amazing and generous mail art as as well as some lovely swap items. And Patty really outdid herself with her more than generous gifties. Have a joyous and bountiful weekend, and enjoy your new found art supplies. You deserve them.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love this image, I can't wait to find a place for her! Thank you!

Ozstuff said...

I have been vicariously enjoying your mail. Wow! It doesn't surprise me that you receive such lovely gifts - you are such a generous spirit.
Thanks for the kind comments on my blog and thanks for the lovely freebie!

My Grama's Soul said...

You received some wonderful goodies. I am so in love with altered art. I will get up the courage to try my hand at it yet! (O:

Jo

Alina Chau said...

These are lovely!

Kathy said...

What a wonderfully happy post, Terri. Thank you for sharing your joy and the freebie.

Love,
Kathy

Suze said...

Thank you, great image