October 5, 2010

Envie Journal - Page 3

 Front and . . .

Back

It's been quite a while since I've created and posted a new page for my art group's envelope journal swap. This chunky journal is being made from regular, business sized envelopes that are cut in half to create two pages with a pocket. All six pages - fronts, backs and inserts, are due at the end of this month.



Each page has to contain wings, text and a number. The subject matter and embellishments are our choice. I couldn't resist using a few Shrinky Dink charms, fibers and ribbons.


Three pages down and three more to go. There's nothing like a deadline to help get things in motion! (You can revisit page 1 by clicking here and page 2 if you click here.)


 

Wishing you a very creative day!
Credits: Page1 - Thanks to Tumble Fish Studio, Etsy for the Moonbeam wings, Mona's extra eyes & funky clouds. Also to Holliwood Studios@Deviant Scrap for the image of Mona, the red hat and the shrine. Page 2 - To Tumble Fish Studio for the colorful words, and to Dover Publications for the bird, and butterflies. Red hat from Holliewood Studios and crown from Tumble Fish Studio, Etsy. Heart from Julia @ Ceremony. Shrinky Dink Charms - Butterfly from Dover Publications. words and stars from Tumble Fish Studio, Etsy. Flowers from Pringle Hill Studio.

26 comments:

sharon said...

Terri, these are just incredible, and I know how much work you put into this, and it shows! They are soooooo amazing!! Lucky lucky recipients!

indybev said...

Oh, Terri, lucky recipient for this one. I absolutely LOVE that saucy little bird with its mouth wide open! It's all special, and meticulously done. BRAVO!

Healing Woman said...

Terri, these pages are so exciting as well as colorful. Great.

PBsArtStudio said...

Wow, Love these!soo colorful!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow, these are amazing! i love your work!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I guess you know I love the bird, but having said that, there's nothing about these pages I don't love. The tiniest details were attended to, and there was not a single inch that wasn't decorated with bold, bright colors I have missed seeing for awhile. So glad you're back!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, this is just stunning :-)

peppapig said...

These are gorgeous Terri!!

Jayne x :-)

Diane said...

Terri, I can't get over how detailed, colorful and FUN your work is!!Thank you!!

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

wow, what a project!! Beautiful colors too!

Tracey@glitterbugstudios said...

Amazing terri! Yet again you have raised the bar. I esp. love the birdy tag...hmmmm...do you think you could pass that hint on to roc? Gosh, I haven't even started mine yet, I better get my tushie in gear!

roc said...

love love love your envies!! that bird tag is to die for!

Netty said...

Absolutely fabulous, I adore your work, you use such great colour and terrific collages. x

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Makes me smile!

Janet Ghio said...

Yummy! Your use of color is just fabulous!! I love the bird with its wide open mouth. Wonderful pages!

Kimmie said...

I think I envy your envie journal ;)
brilliant!

Marilyn Rock said...

Absolutely fantastic Terri!

*jean* said...

you're going to give that away?? wow...i don't think i could do it..on the other hand, LUCKY whoever gets it! it's really special!!!

Ophelia said...

This is amazing!

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

Terri...This project is beyond amazing! I went back and visited the other posts and I can only imagine how delightful it is to turn these pages....the detail and creativity you've poured into these is astonishing. That bird is the cat's meow!!! Xo, Sue

The Rustic Victorian said...

How totally fun Terri! I came over from Flickr,where it seems I spend most of my time these days. You have been busy. Your bliss is so beautiful.

Lori Saul said...

I love all of the close-up details - every element you add is perfection in design and color to make a beautiful whole Terri!

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

How totally cool is this Terri, I love it. I've never seen one of these before. I'm so envious and inspired. Curious too.........

Trudi Sissons - Two Dresses Studio said...

These are so amazing - I can see them for sale in any HIGH END funky art shop. And yes, that bird - what a riot! He is totally screaming CHEEP CHEEP !!!!!!!

Amy said...

Girl..your pieces are always an inspiration to me..gosh..so gorgeous in COLOR..they blow me away all the time.
I love the shrinky dink charms..super CUTE'ness!!! Love the Sing bird with ribbon..adorable as ever. Thanks for visiting my blog Terri..I do appreciate everything you say..hugs to you my friend

Sharon said...

Love these. I do believe that bird has something to say!