October 3, 2010

Halloween Swaps

Zetti Bookmark
And . . .

A "Thrinchie" Magnet
(Click on each witch to see the details.)

Both of these pieces were made for Halloween-themed September art swaps and were created on hand painted backgrounds. I just love Halloween art. Silly or scary, it always makes me smile. It must be those luscious fall colors!!!

**************
The Butterfly Effect

My dear friend Trudi (Two Dresses Studio) has published an update on her blog about this wonderful project. The butterflies that have flown Trudi's way are stunning. Personally, I think it's because of all of the love attached to each of them by their creators. If you'd like to take a peek at some of the finished butterflies or lean more about "The Butterfly Effect", click here.

Wishing you a beautiful day filled with magic and color!
Credits: For the "Boo Bookmark" - Thanks to CrowaboutStudioB@DeviantScrap for the zetti image, to Tumble Fish Studio @ Etsy for the zetti eyes, Moon Light Journey for the number 13, and to Lisa's Altered Art for the hat. For the Thrinchie - Witch from a Flickr sharing group, hat from Lisa's Altered Art. The rose and butterfly are from Dover Publications. Black and white borders on both pieces from Tumble Fish Studio @ Etsy.

21 comments:

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Great bookmarks Terri! I love the detail and I love the first one especially! Thanks for sharing!

indybev said...

I love the Halloween swap art, Terri. It looks as if you had fun. Thanks for sharing so that we all shared in the fun!

Janet Ghio said...

Wonderful witches Terri! Love the colors also!

sharon said...

You make Halloween fun Terri! The colors are crazy great, and I adore the witch!

Outstanding Stranger said...

Love your art Terri...lively and colorful, just like you.. Love and hugs, Diane

Netty said...

Just brilliant Terry, I totally love your art. Annette x

Diane said...

Years ago, who would have thought that Halloween art could be so fun and colorful?!?! I love these Terri!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Great cards!!!! Love all you do friend! Glad you had a beautiful trip! Blessings.

Healing Woman said...

Halloween bookmarks a la Terri~colorful and fun!

Astrid Maclean said...

Terri your halloween art is wonderful and certainly makes me smile. Your colours are always stunning and these creations are no exception!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I checked my sidebar before I went to sleep last night and didn't see your normal Sunday night post. It must not have updated, or I may not have refreshed, but I was glad to see this lovely post this morning.

You are right about the warm fall colors. They fit you perfectly. And your witches are adorable. They put a smile on MY face, too.

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

So colorful and fun!!! Great stuff!

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

BOO!

Taluula said...

Oh I love the Halloween swap art my friend. You have such spontaneous creative talent. I love it.

Amy said...

a cute little witch bookmark..adorable and these are fun halloween colors too..so vibrant and full of life

CUTE magnet..whomever receives it will love it

Amy said...

Man. I love your Halloween swaps. I sent mine in and I Really hope I get one of yours!
A

Martina2801 said...

Terri, this pieces are just brilliant, fantastic, totally awesome, wow, what more can I say. Love it.

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

You know, now that you mention it, the beautiful colors of fall do have a lot in common with your imaginative use of color, Terri! "Scary" halloween stuff isn't for me...shoot, I even close my eyes during commercials of scary movies. LOL! But your little creations for today are right up my alley! Xo, Sue
p.s. Thanks for the link to the butterfly updates too! I still need to get at that project!

Trudi Sissons - Two Dresses Studio said...

Terri - what funky bookmarks and thrinchies LOL - my first time seeing that word...aren't we just a fun group of artists...inventing all of these terms --- it just seems like yesterday I was into the inchie fad. Beautiful work! Thanks to for the 'press' about the butterflies. I agree with your impression of them - Terri - I feel so blessed each time one arrives...maybe it's because of the loving energy each one arrives with.

Thanks too for that delicious freebie! She is wonderful.

Marilyn Rock said...

Love your Halloween art Terri! Awesome! Yes; the Butterfly Effect is a wonderful project. I felt privileged to participate. xxoo

Lynn said...

Loving your Halloween treats Terri, and I have seen some beautiful butterflies over at Trudi's so far. Time to get mine finished I think, it is inspiring to see them all :)