July 13, 2011

More ICAD Journal Pages

A few more June journal pages created from 3"x5" index cards. Tammy's Index Card A Day Challenge is running through the end of August, so there's still time to participate. It's amazing how doing just a bit of art each day brightens my spirit.
It's actually surprising how well these little cards tolerate different mediums, and it seems like I've given most of them a try . . . .inks, watercolor pencils, Prismacolor pencils, acrylic paints and oil pastels (to name a few).

To see some of the details, you can enlarge the entire blog by holding down the "CTRL" key on your keyboard and press the + key. When you're as sight-challenged as I am, it's nice to have the ability to to 'zoom in'! LOL!


If you'd like to join the ICAD Challenge, you can click here to visit Tammy at Daisy Yellow or click on the ICAD badge on my sidebar.

**********

Artsee Bloggers Update

Congratulations to Geri Centzone on her very, very successful launch of her new site, Artsee Bloggers, this week. In only a few days, she had 2400+ hits and has over 105 followers too!!! From what I understand, quite a few of my readers have asked to be included in her artists' directory. How exciting! It looks as though Geri is fulfilling the need for creating a wonderful community for women artists. Way to go, Geri!


If you'd like to be listed in Geri's directory, click here or go to the badge on my sidebar. And don't forget to mention my name!


Wishing you a day filled with new discoveries!
 
Credits: Some images from Julia - Ceremony @ Etsy, and Crowabout Studio B and Tumble Fish Studio both @DeviantScrap.com and Dover Publications..

25 comments:

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

The eyes have it. wonderful, creative muse on this challenge Teri. Quite an amazing hit with Artsee for Geri, and I know I am there because of you and many other folks too! Thanks again. xox Corrine

Healing Woman said...

What will you do with your index cards? I can see them in a "Terri" type colorful file and used as inspirational notes to be read each day. They will also serve as samples of all the different mediums you have experimented with. Way to go!

Diane said...

Always love looking at your artwork, and the text too! Great reminders for us all.

Janet Ghio said...

I am loving your index cards!! Wonderful little works of art!!

Netty said...

All Beautiful works of art and love your vibrant colours. Annette x

Marilyn Rock said...

Your artwork is amazing - always and no matter what you do. xxoo

~*~Patty S said...

What a fantastic array of cards you are amassing dear Terri...each one is WOW...I guess you'll be decorating a special box to keep them in...if you haven't already done so...must be great to go thru them!

Lots of chat about the artsee blogger site...what an undertaking!
oxo

roc said...

ok girlfriend...you HAVE to doodle more!!! fantastic!! and you are right - your future IS SO bright you will most definitely HAVE to wear shades!!!!!!!! i love you.

Walk in the Woods said...

Love the cards ~ there's such great energy and movement in them, cool color too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am particularly fond of that "road to hell" background. It is yummy! The main thing I like about these cards is the diversity of style. Some are SO you, while others show a different side. Stepping outside your color zone and working with different media make these cards very special.

Thanks for letting us know about Artsee. I really MUsT check this out.

kimmie said...

Ok Dr. Terri .... I think you have the Rx for my creativity blahs right now .... I am truly inspired

Barbara Hagerty said...

Terri, your cards are fabulous! Every single one of them! I love the idea of journaling on index cards, and I keep telling myself that I'm going to do this. And I will, someday soon! Your cards are so amazing and so much fun. I'm going back to look again! XOXO

sharon said...

More, more, more please! I can't get enough! Each one is a tiny masterpiece overflowing with incredible detail Terri! These are really fantastic!

Lorraine@creativedaily said...

Lots to see here today! What a great way to create a little art each day - love the use of various mediums.

indybev said...

I'm lovin' what you're doing with the index cards! By the way, that's quite an impressive "spread" you have in Artful Blogging. Bully 4 U !!!

Marit said...

I so enjoy your index cards dear! I have an empty stack laying in front of me to get filled, but somehow the cards doesn't seem to love me... I kinda 'block' when I try working on them. I did make a few but I don't know if I will try again. Well, maybe I should, and get over the 'block'... we'll see... LOVE yours!!!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wonderful wonderful index cards. Love them all!

myartsdesire said...

This newest little artsy pursuit is a delight! I can see where these could become a good addiction! Nice size...no worry if you flub...! Keep 'em coming!!

Melissa said...

Terri, your cards are so full of life and vibrant colors and fun shapes!
Smiles-
Melissa

julie Haymaker thompson said...

These are so inspiring I am having so much fun in my new shop exploring paper arts. I never thought of myself as a paper art artist more of a 3 d artist but now with our shop carrying so much fun stuff I just go over open package of somthing fun and play I am loving ATC's right now so small and easy to do !!!

Janine said...

WOW, you did it again, this index- cards are soooo cool.
The one with the bright future is my favourite on, but the best is to see them all together, like you displayed them, the colours are so phantastic.
WOW

Amy said...

wow, look at all this WONDERFUL art!!! You always amaze and inspire me..to always find more in my own art and to create even harder!
I love seeing all the variety of cards you've been making!

Rosie said...

You are such a delight Terri! The detail you pack into each index card is wonderful!! Yummy indeed! =)

Lynn said...

And you said you have been strapped for Art time, wow, you have a lot done , i love seeing your work and it's been a while at that.
When are you going to sell cards with your work on?

Amy* said...

Your work is AMAZING! So glad I found your blog :)