August 28, 2011

Journal Prompt - Traits

"My Traits"
(Click on a swirl to see the details!)

We're nearing the end of August, and I realized that I hadn't posted the journal page for my art group's journal prompt: Describe yourself in three words. Once again, another interesting prompt!

How DO you describe yourself in three words? Where do you begin? I began by asking my family to describe my traits in three words. The first words that came to everyone's lips were "loving", "generous" and "talented". Then the fun started as they began a laundry list of my character flaws . . . laughing and telling tales as only a loving family can do. ((Sigh!!))


Back to the drawing board for me!!! I've always identified with my  Mini-Schnauzer's personalities. Terriers are loyal, curious, spirited and fun. They love life, as do I. Perfect!!!

******************

A Few Announcements!

Irene

Over the past 24 hours, I've received quite a few emails concerning Hurricane Irene's visit to our area. The storm went through; however, we - as well as our family and friends - are all safe and sound. It got a bit noisy last night, but we'd taken tons of precautions and were well prepared. We did lose our power for 12+ hours, but our house and the surrounding trees are all standing. The Angels of Protection did their jobs well! Thank you, thank you for your prayers and concern.

Reminder!

There's still time to enter my celebration giveaway. Just click here to see the prizes and enter the drawing! To enter, just leave a comment on that post. My thanks to everyone who's entered the drawing; but most importantly, my heartfelt thanks for all of the lovely comments and good wishes . You've made me smile!

May your week be filled with many blessings!
 
Credits: Thanks to Deborah @Land of Nod Studio-Etsy for the girl's dress, to Julia Ceremony-Etsy for the girl's pretty face, and to Crowabout Flick for the word, "Dream", in the border.

24 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Great to hear Irene came and went without too much hoopla...same for us here in N VA...she ended up being mostly a rainmaker!

Three words...now that IS a very good challenge!

AND I Love where you've gone with it dear Terri...you make me smile when you talk about your mini schnauzer

happy new art week dear one
oxo

sharon said...

So glad you are safe after Irene Terri. We lost power also, but everything is good.
I love your journal girl, and I too feel so much like my dog!

Geri Centonze said...

Happy to hear that Irene only left you powerless for 12 hours. I only know you through blogland but those words seem to describe the person I know! Big hugs...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm thrilled to read that Irene said goodnight without a whole lot of trauma. And I'm glad you were able to brave it out with very loss (electrical power not withstanding).

I had to laugh that you took on the characteristics of your mini schnauzer. That's a few traits I see in you, too. Of course, I also think of you (and your art) as the most colorful person I know. You show that on your blog with every piece of art.

You commented on my Sharpies and alcohol, but you were gone when I actually wrote the tutorial. What you read were some after thoughts. Here is the original post:
http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2011/08/inspiration-avenue-sun-kissed.html

It tells all the details I left out in this latest piece.

Sandy said...

Oh Terri good to hear from you. Irene is over :)

Your page is absolutely beautiful and inspiring. Wonderful details. Love it.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Gorgeous page! my dog says...woof, woof to that tooooooo

Sandra said...

Good to hear that Irene passed without too much damage. I love your journalpage! I don't think I would be able to describe myself in three words...

thekathrynwheel said...

Wonderful art Terri, and I'm so glad you survived Irene ok

PaperPumpkin said...

Hi Terri, first, I just have to thank you for visiting and for your very sweet and kind comments. You may not know how much they meant to me, but truly, you more than made my day! I am honored and so happy you viewed my journal pages AND left words for me to savor. Thank you. I love your art piece here! What a unique idea to work your three descriptive words in this detailed, colorful arrangement with a vintage blue mason jar! LOVE this! Kathy

Lynn said...

I too have been worried about you and am so glad to hear you are all safe and sound.
Love your journal page :)

Dianne said...

Those are truly all wonderful traits! And your page is wonderful!

Marilyn Rock said...

Terri; happy you are safe from Irene! She sure made her mark. We got through it with minimal damage and power was out for just a bit! The reward is, now, this gorgeous weather we are having. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones from Irene and also have tough recoveries ahead. Loving your journal art! xxoo

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! Sounds like you had similar results from the storm to what we saw. Glad all is well!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Thank goodness everyone is OK after Irene passing through! Your journal page is divine.

Siobhan Brignull said...

love the journal prompts idea, must help to overcome it when Mojo has gone on hols. great page, now I dont want to boast but Ive done my September calendar page already, not posted yet though, gotta give Kate a chance LOL.

Diane said...

I know that you have these qualities by just reading your blog (I wonder what my family would say about me if I asked them?? :) and how clever you made this piece!!
I'm glad all went well with Irene--glad she's out of here--good riddance!

Shar said...

Absolutely fabulous!

indybev said...

A beautiful journal page, colorful and creative....but then what's new, that's what we expect from you!

happeningsonchaosranch said...

I'm so glad to hear that you and yours are safe and sound. :) Also, I am always so impressed that you know where all the components in your art work came from and that you tell us where it came from. I can't remember where I bought things yesterday.

Sharon

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic piece of art. Great to hear, that you're still okay.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

So glad to know you survived Irene! And, huge Congratulations on your new Etsy shop! I know you'll do fabulously well! Your journal page is gorgeous and so YOU!

marsha

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Thanks for all inspiring, the page is so full of details to look for I'm excited and I love it!
Hugs Anja

Lynn Richards said...

What a sweet family. I love your three words that describe you!! I think they do you justice, you always come through as someone I would love to sit and talk with when you write your blog posts!!!
xoxo
lynn

pharmacy reviews said...

I had to laugh that you took on the characteristics of your mini schnauzer. That's a few traits I see in you, too. Of course, I also think of you (and your art) as the most colorful person I know. You show that on your blog with every piece of art.