October 2, 2011

Back in Blogland!


A Tour
Vacation was full of family, fun and sunshine. After spending an evening in Portsmouth, NH, we enjoyed a day in Portland, ME before traveling to our daughter's home in Brunswick, ME. We had more fun in Cape Cod and took a ferry trip to Nantucket Island before heading home. It was one of the best vacations we've had in years and an awesome way to spend my Birthday week!

My birthday gift from my husband, a Nikon S9100, got a workout. (It was much easier to carry along than my DSLR). There are way too many pictures to post all at once (and I know you're busy), so I thought I'd assemble a few, quick slide shows over the next few weeks to share a bit of my vacation with you.

Today's slideshow features Portsmouth, NH - one of my favorite New England towns. I've tried to capture its charm by incorporating a bit of architecture, some window shopping and street art - always one of my favorite surprises.


Thank you, thank you for all of your Birthday wishes and blessings. I wrapped each one around my heart and carried your love with me. Enjoy the tour!

Wishing you a day filled with unexpected pleasures!

21 comments:

roc said...

what beautiful photos!! i'm so happy you had a great time!!

WW said...

What a great collection of pictures Terri. I've always loved that town myself. Glad you had fun!

Astrid Maclean said...

Welcome back Terri! Great to hear you had such a good time! Portland looks an amazing place, so arty and different!

Diane said...

Great vacation Terri--I was in this area a few years ago--it's beautiful.
Welcome back!

Kathy said...

Welcome back, Miss Terri!! Sounds like a wonderful birthday. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Cheers,
Kathy

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Fantastic slideshow, love the public art and been in those shops many times. Sounfs like a stellar vacation. Looking forward to more and more. xox Corrine

Janet Ghio said...

Glad you had a wonderful time and happy to see you back in blogland! You did good with your new camera!

Photocat said...

The murals look like Stampotique stamps... Well taken! Portland has been put on my to go list! ;o))

indybev said...

Thanks for sharing, Terri. Looks like a charming little town. Love the murals!

Lorraine@creativedaily said...

Welcome home Terri! Photos are great - love the graffiti, some very talented artists by the looks of this. The 3 graces sign - hilarious! Window shopping looks good too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome home birthday girl. It's good to see you back. And with a lovely new camera, you simply can't go wrong! Loved the photos and can't wait to see the next installation. Again, it's good that you are back.

Martina2801 said...

What a wonderful collection of pictures, dear Terri!
i'm so happy you had a great time!!

Lynn Richards said...

welcome back, Terri! thanks for the slideshow!
xo
lynn

Marilyn Rock said...

I caught this on Utube! Awesome - so glad you had a good time! xxoo

Marit said...

Welcome back! Going on your 'tour' was exciting and the wallpaintings blew me away! Awesome!

patcrafts said...

So pleased you had such a wonderful birthday trip and looking forward to seeing all the photos.

"MOI" Freubel said...

Aah I'm drooling looking at your pictures Terri. Can't wait until we take te trip at your country next year !!
We planned to go this year in Sept. but our son just started at the university and would have missed the first month ! And that was ofcourse no option. We don't go without him.
Now we planned the trip next year in august and I'm looking forward to see finaly America !!!
*********
Glad your are back and had such a pleasant time !!

~*~Patty S said...

ooo enjoyed your slide show VERY much...mermaid tales and dolls...3 Graces and all that fab architecture and building art!

Brilliant that you had such a great time Terri

missed ya
glad you're back
oxo

VWozniak said...

Wonderful pictures, feel like I tagged along"

whymsicalmusings said...

Terri I am so glad you are back and so glad you had such a wonderful time! I so enjoyed the You Tube video! Thank you for sharing. I can live vicariously through your eyes that way:) I am envious of the yummy lobster you had in your tummy on your birthday....ahh to have FRESH seafood! We are so far from the coast no such luck here:)
XOXOXO

sharon said...

The video is great Terri! Thanks for taking us a long on your trip...oh how I wish I was really there, but your video helped!
I am thrilled that you had a beautiful birthday and a beautiful time!
Hugs!