November 17, 2011

A Bit of Gratitude

"Thanks!"

Next week we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving here in the States. It's a time for thinking about our blessings and gifts, for spending time with family and friends, and it's the official beginning of the Holiday Season.

(Click on the moon to see the details!)

A few months ago I started a journal that's been dedicated to expressing gratitude for life's little blessings: Candles when there are no lights, a friend who becomes an angel during a family crises, an empty parking space in a full lot . . . . You get the idea! 

September 27th

September 28th

Thought you might like to see some of the things I've been grateful for this fall.

(Click on the moon the see the details!)

 September 29th

September 30th

By the way, I am very grateful to Lee @ The Way I see It for her generosity and kindness. Lee discovered a few blogs that she thought were visit-worthy, and was dismayed at the fact that although the blogs and the artists were awesome, no one had taken the time to leave any comments. Despite her busy work schedule, Lee did a very generous thing. She decided to do a giveaway for anyone who visited and left comments on those fabulous blogs. Wonderful people DO inhabit this earth!


Also, my heartfelt gratitude to Beth Niquette @ Beth's Artworx  Beth's blog post on Tuesday featured the journal page in my previous post. On Tuesday's, Beth generously writes about and showcases artists who's work she finds particularly inspiring. Her blog post also provides a forum for all artists of all mediums to share their work with one another.


I'm also grateful to everyone who's been visiting here and to everyone who leaves a comment - no matter how small. My personal life has been a bit crazy over the past few weeks, and my blog visits have sadly fallen by the wayside. My spare time has been spent on planning a surprise birthday party for my husband over Thanksgiving weekend. (Shhhhh! It's a secret!) I am truly blessed and thankful for my dear Blogland friends!

May your day be filled with many blessings!

27 comments:

roc said...

every time i see those gratitude pages i smile. great job! i know i love working in my gratitude journal! congratulations on being recognized for your work - you certainly deserve it!

Diana Evans said...

Hi Terri!!!! I was just getting tired...and then I stopped here and your work gave me a whole lot of energy!!!! wonderful piece and Gratitude is so important each and every day!!!!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Well, we are thankful for you and how generously you share your wonderful art work with us all Terri. Have a wonderful time at the party (Happy birthday to your DH!) and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

~*~Patty S said...

Sending all good wishes your way dear Terri

I am grateful for you and your art and for our bloggie connection!

oxo

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow wow wow Terri.
A great Thank you page. Wonderful art from you.
Stunning.

Have a lovely weekend.

Sandra said...

Beautiful! I love to see the colors, as always, and the detailed pictures of your work. Something which I'm thankful for!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous and oh so colorful. I really appreciate your gratitude pages because they are from the heart. Way to go, dear. And of course, I am grateful for you. Does getting older really make a person forgetful? (GRIN)

froebelsternchen Susi said...

FANTATSIC!!!!

Diane said...

I love this so much, because we seem to take these everyday things for granted...until they're taken away for some reason. Just being able to do what we're doing (no matter what) is a good thing to be happy about.
Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Really gorgeous and funny and so inspiring. Love how you filled the pages with images and words and brilliant colors. Your pages are full of life, I'm excited!
Have a nice weekend, hugs Anja

Marilyn Rock said...

Terri! What a beautiful heartfelt post with your gorgeous art. Your words are so meaningful and we are all grateful for YOU and the inspiration you offer.

Enjoy the party for your husband; that is a fun event and lots of work. I hope you'll Blog about it so we can share in the joy!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

xxoo Marilyn

Netty said...

wow these are wonderful pages Terri. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Martina2801 said...

Oh Terri, you have again made quite fantastic artwork! Really adorable!

Healing Woman said...

We are truly blessed by all the generous bloggers out here in bloglandia and it is nice of you to call attention to some of them.

Your calendar pages just pop off of the screen-so colorful and exciting Terri.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you too!

sharon said...

I am grateful for blog friends like you! Your art lifts my spirits Terri....EVERYTIME...REALLY! We all get caught up in life, we all understand that. Take time for yourself too.

pchickki said...

Your art is wonderful and I especially love the little puppy :)
Makes me smile

Lizbethem said...

Gratitude is a wonderful quality and your journaling reminded me to start counting my blessings. Thank you :)

Lee said...

I am dreaming up your prize as I type!! Thank you for your kind words- they mean alot to me. I hope the party is a smashing succeess!! xo

Elizabeth Golden said...

I love your gratitude pages. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. They are inspiring. I think I need more color in my life after seeing them.
Every night no matter where I am I say what I am grateful for. It is a lovely way to end the day.
Hope your party is a surprise! Eat a piece of cake for me.

WW said...

Terri...your work is always soo flawless and yummy!! You inspire ALL of us!

Taluula said...

I haven't visited for a while, Terri, so it was lovely to come see all your gorgeous eye candy journal pages today. You always inspire me, my friend.

Kathy said...

I haven't gotten to visit as much as I used to either. You are always one of my favorite spots, too. Take care and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Turkey is good for the brain!

Kathy

kimmie said...

I love your journal pages! My favorite is the girl with the sunglasses .... She looks like she could easily be forgiven for forgetfulness at any age :)

Your husband must be like mine, and doesn't stop by your blog unless you tell him too ... Otherwise, you have just completely spilled the proverbial beans missie!!

Lorraine@creativedaily said...

I stopped by for my hit of colour girlfriend and once again, you do not disappoint! I'm "grateful" for your lovely art. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am so grateful to know that your joyous and colorful heart exists! Thanks friend. Blessings.

Amy said...

...so in love with all the little critter's..the puppy is too cute!

PrettyDays Studio said...

lovely