November 13, 2011

November Journal Prompt & An Award

November's Page
(Click on her hat to see the details!)

How would you answer this question: If you could be any creature what would it be? It's a v-e-r-y interesting question which prompted a lot of thought. It's a question that was asked in my art group this month, and a question that could be answered 100 different ways.

  
For a short time I entertained the idea of being either a butterfly or a beautiful, mystical Unicorn. But all along, thoughts of being a dog were always strong. Who knows? Maybe in my next life I'll be reincarnated as a sweet little pooch!

**********
Thank you Geri!

A very loving and belated "Thank You" to Geri Centonze @ My Heart Art. A few weeks ago (during the infamous snowstorm and resulting power outage), Geri gave me this awesome award. I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself that you might not know, and then I'm supposed to pass the award along to 15 bloggers who I think are deserving of this award. 

However, there are so many wonderful blogging sisters in my world, I can't choose only 15.  Rule breaker that I am, I'll pass on that rule, but I will reveal a few things about myself.
  1. I need coffee - and plenty of it - to start my day.
  2. Admittedly, I'm hooked on watching romantic comedies and love TV shows that make me laugh. (I'm a huge Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts fan!)
  3. "Memoirs of a Geisha" is one of my favorite reads, along with "Jayne Eyre".
  4. Obviously, I'm a h-u-g-e romantic!
  5. I've been known to put chocolates on my husband's pillow at night so he can have sweet dreams.
  6. Doing small, random acts of kindness makes my heart sing. I love seeing someone smile!
  7. Lately I've been giving a lot of thought about my art and what direction I should be heading in.
  8. I know - I know! The award said to tell you seven things, but I told you that I was a rule breaker! LOL! My bonus reveal is I have a secret crush on George Clooney!!! (But who doesn't?!?)
Thanks, again, Geri! If you have a few moments to spare, stop by to visit Geri and congratulate her on the arrival of her new grand-daughter, Harper, who was born on 11-11-11 at (are you ready?) 11:11 a.m.!!! Congratulations, Geri! Many blessings are being sent to Harper for a long, healthy and happy live!

May your day be filled with smiles!

Credit: Special thanks to Rian at Freubel's Freebies for the body of the dog and the girl's pretty head!

23 comments:

LynnF said...

Terri, your work is so very creative! I love seeing it! Splendid journal page!

Sandy said...

Wow Terri your new journal is brilliant.
Stunning design. Love them.

roc said...

i would certainly love hearing more about #7 - what direction IS your art going to go in?? tell me....i'm ALL ears!

Diane said...

It's fun knowing all these little facts about you. And that's so funny--when I was a little girl--I wanted to be a dog so much
:)))
Now I would like to be a bird
:)
Okay, I'm glad I'm a people
:)

P.S. Love your colorful art and I'm also curious to see what your next path will be in your art journey....

Sandra said...

Great journal page! Still, I would have loved to see what you would have made with a mystical creature like a unicorn! PS. I'm a big fan of George too...

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Terri, so cute reveal, coffee, oh yes, dog well we hace four so I guess that would be my pick too especially the way they get treated in this house. Love that journal page, love your rule breaking spirit! I am always cheered up and feel encpuraged when I visit you! Your forgot to say grand cheerleader and all round fantastically nice gal. xox Corrine

Healing Woman said...

Cute little puppy and design~ I loved reading about you. I somehow guessed that you might be a romantic. It is fun to surprise our loved ones with little acts of kindness, which I can just imagine you doing..candy on the pillow is so...sweet....!!

Renee Stien said...

such a great page Terri - you make just about the cutest dog I've seen!

indybev said...

...and what a beautiful doggie at that! Beautiful work, as always.

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

What a great journal page. So creative! As far as your list - LOVED "Memoirs", I think it is so cute that you leave chocolates, and seriously, I think we all love George Clooney! :)

Cameron said...

Geri is a sweetheart....so happy to get to know more about you...fellow award receiver...heehee!
Coffee is my must-have, too....every morning...even whilst tent camping in the woods, I make coffee :)

Gosh, what animal to be...that is a toughie...I do love your journal page...so colorful...fun, brings a smile to my face!

Martina2801 said...

OMG Terri!!!! You have made this page simply DIVINE!!! You are such a fabulous creative talent!

Lynn Richards said...

Terri, this has me laughing out loud!!! I love your creative spirit. I loved reading your 8 things about you. The chocolates on the pillow is a great idea.
A baby born on that date and that time--wow!! That's one in a bazillion, at least!
xo
lynn

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I finally got my color fix today, even if it is a bit late in the evening. And it was quite fun reading about you and your rule breaking. I'm like Roc. I want to know what direction your art is taking, too. As long as it's colorful, I know I'll love it!

Lee said...

Lovely post- I'm not sure what I would choose to be....

Lee said...

Oh, PS- you should think about merchandising, cards etc....

Lee said...

PS #2- I gave you a prize, what would you like?

Geri Centonze said...

Yes...who doesn't love George Clooney! Loved the chocolates on the pillow case for your husband. And Jane Eyre...well, we are definitely kindred spirits. I loved the book and have seen many film versions! Thanks too for the congrats on Harper. She's "1" special baby with all those 1's....funnily enough her big sister was born on 10/10 but not in 2010...it was 2008. But, if you had the 2 and the 8 of 2008 you get....10!!!

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful journal page and loved reading a bit about yourself. I, too, need lots of coffee in the morning :) xxoo

"MOI" Freubel said...

Glad to know you a little better Terri but George is for me !! LOL

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, Terri! I have featured your blog and artwork in this week's FATuesday Artist Spotlight. Thank you for sharing the sheer joy of your art with us.

sharon said...

Your art is always amazing, and this one is just so adorable! I loved reading the fun things about you also! And I look forward to seeing where your art goes next!

Janny said...

Really great!