April 14, 2012

Art Heals!

Art on the go . . .

This past week was a good week. Jim is getting stronger and color is beginning to return to my world. I can't tell you how much I've missed color! Have you noticed that most doctor's offices, hospital rooms and institutions are either gray .  .  . a color that I abhor, or beige . . . so very non-committal?!?

That being said . . . this week I took a little time to put a small art kit together. Nothing spectacular . . . just a few items from my studio that could fit into a Ziploc bag that I can leave in my husband's closet. I chose a tiny watercolor travel kit, watercolor crayons, a small set of brush pens, water brushes (one large and one small), some 4"x6" index cards, a plastic water dish (a recycled plastic top from a very large fabric softener bottle) and a fine-point black Sharpie.


It feels good to play again, and it's amazing how a few, basic art supplies have cheered me up. It's just a little "Chick-let" , some doodles and a few backgrounds, but it's a start - my creative soul is smiling again!

May your day be blessed with time to play!
 

17 comments:

sugar Creek said...

so cute and I agree it does heal!

Lynn said...

Delightful piece of art~

Sandy said...

Absolutely cute sweet Terri.
Wonderful news. This made my day.

Have a lovely sunday. xoxo

kimmie said...

You are an amazing woman! I am so happy to see color returning to your world :)

SparkleFarkle said...

Colour you and Jim (and me who keeps you both in her thoughts and prayers) happy, he's feeling stronger!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you are more colorful. It makes me feel good, too. Hope your Sunday is perfect and you don't have the storms (and tornado) I had here last night.

roc said...

so happy you had time ti create! love your doodles!

Mary Ellen said...

I am so happy that you are able to doodle and splash around with some color.......you are scared and upset during the sickness and then comes the re-cooperating.....oh my, sometimes that is harder on the person sick and the person sitting their beside them....patience, and grab each moment with color.....thank you for thinking of us during this time..........

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sounds like everyone is beginning to heal. So good to see you making art. xox

Janine said...

That is good news, that your hubby feels better.
I love the idea of the first- aid-art-kit.
It keeps you healthy and that is so important.
Have a good and colourfull week
Janine

Healing Woman said...

Yes Terri, art does heal! Keep with it-I love your art!

Marit said...

Smiles right back to you Terri! So glad you are using colours and having fun - I wish you both well!!

Lynn Richards said...

Good for you, Terri!!!
So glad your art will be filled with thankfulness and color.
xo
lynn

~*~Patty S said...

with all you have going on dear Terri...you are a doll and an inspiration to bring color and positivity to our lives!

all the best wishes continue to stream your way!

oxo

smokeysmom said...

My continued prayers for your husband's recovery, and, your continued strength. When my (now EX) husband was having heart problems and was in the hospital for by-pass surgery, he was diagnosed with nonhogkins lymphoma, stage 3. I don't think I ever left his side except to pee. He pulled through it all, then divorced me, ha! The doctors were amazed. They had told me he wasn't going to make it, and I kept telling them he was, and he did. There's always hope and with God's love and grace, anything is possible. So you hang in there baby:)

Lorraine said...

So happy to hear colour has found its way back in your world! Delighted to hear Jim is improving.

Sharon said...

I love good news!!!! Your post made the sunshine come out.